Valued Contributor

Charlie Bears Collectible QVC2

Watching it now and some really resonable prices for collectibles.  They have bears but also have bunnies.  Reminds me of long ago on QVC when they had collectibles on all the time.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Charlie Bears Collectible QVC2

No more bears for me.  I have a collection of Boyd and Barrington bears for every season.

Next week the Spider bear, witch bear, etc join the fall decorations I do on DILs porch.  You can still smell Mama bears pumpkin pie.  We have fun with the bears but have no little girls to pass the fun on to.   Maybe she will have a GGD 30 years from now.   ;-). In the meantime I have fun.

Valued Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

No more bears for me.  I have a collection of Boyd and Barrington bears for every season.

Next week the Spider bear, witch bear, etc join the fall decorations I do on DILs porch.  You can still smell Mama bears pumpkin pie.  We have fun with the bears but have no little girls to pass the fun on to.   Maybe she will have a GGD 30 years from now.   ;-). In the meantime I have fun.

I know what you mean. I have passed down my collection of porcelain dolls to my two great nieces.  Divided them up between them! 

Honored Contributor

'You know', I was just going to start this thread...........One of the best new vendors.   Love those bears!  And their other furry options, too.  Have you seen the little mouse?  So cute!  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I think the bears are adorable, but why do they  make me sad?

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I think the bears are adorable, but why do they  make me sad?

@fourpaws56-

They made me sad too. I think its because their expressions are sad.I have one Boyd's Bear that I got years ago at the mall-as soon as I saw her I knew I had to have her.(even though she was $40 which at the time was a lot and a splurge!) Everytime I look at her it makes me smile.

The Charlie bears are cute but mine is the sweetest. And I like her dress too!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Buy them to make you happy but do not buy them because they are "collectibles".  

Collectibles are a thing of the past, I read somewhere that we "collect" for the first half our life and we spend the other half trying to get rid of them.

Honored Contributor

I watched some of this and heard him talk about them being collectibles several times.

I thought right away, that might have been true in the past but no one collects things now like they did in the past, esp. thinking and hoping they would have lots more value in the future.Maybe they still do in England?

I can think of so many things about 20-30 years ago that people got because they thought they would become valuable collectors items and they were worth nothing after awhile and esp. today because we all had them or no one wants them and is not collecting anymore.

Maybe it was all the baby boomer generation getting older?

Kind of interesting what is in and totally out as decades change.

Of course there are still some things that have value, but so many went by the roadside (or the goodwill bin!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

When they were advertising this they played a tune which was so pretty but sad and made me cry.... the eyes made me feel sad for the bears.... I wonder what the tune was ? I still love stuffed animals...just can't go there now.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Valued Contributor

If Gary Lowenthal showed up in a costume I'm might be in the buying mood, but probably not.