Regular Contributor

TJ's has modified hours nationwide to 9am - 7pm.  (Most grocery stores are likewise modifying hours.)  More surprising, I just came back from my local TJ's and they are also allowing only 25 customers in the store at one time.  So, there was a very long line outside the store.  They had to wait until a customer left the store before the next customer in line could go in.  It was too cold for me to wait outside and I was not going to buy much anyway so I left.  In my area, hundreds of people shop at TJ's stores each day.  So this new restriction will be interesting.

Honored Contributor

Our last holdout had a sign up today about modified hours and 2 item limit on paper and sanitizing products.

Honored Contributor

It makes sense they'd limit the number of people in the store - TJ's stores are so small!  As for the folks standing in line outside, I hope they socially-distanced.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr I went to the tag office today and thought it was really crowded. Nope.  Everyone was just extremely respectful of personal space.  

Honored Contributor

@JanetsGirl Where is this geographically?

Honored Contributor

Re: Changes at Trader Joe's

[ Edited ]

@JanetsGirl wrote:

TJ's has modified hours nationwide to 9am - 7pm.  (Most grocery stores are likewise modifying hours.)  More surprising, I just came back from my local TJ's and they are also allowing only 25 customers in the store at one time.  So, there was a very long line outside the store.  They had to wait until a customer left the store before the next customer in line could go in.  It was too cold for me to wait outside and I was not going to buy much anyway so I left.  In my area, hundreds of people shop at TJ's stores each day.  So this new restriction will be interesting.

@JanetsGirl 

When our grocery store opened up at 8AM there were so many people and few employees, so they let 25 people in and as they exited other people were allowed in....once more grocery staff came in they eliminated the restriction....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”