Regular Contributor

gidgetgh, my heart breaks for you...your love and devotion is

evident in your post. It brought me to tears.

I send you, and your dear husband my prayers for strength,

peace and healing.

((((((( hugs )))))))

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  It's heartbreaking to read the sadness and pain you are going through.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@gidgetghI have been a stutterer all my life.  I've been mocked by some really insensitive people.  When I see a "title" like yours, it makes me sick to my stomach.  It ain't funny.  It's demeaning and abusive.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh , what a challenge for you.  I am thinking of you and saying prayers to give you strength.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@gidgetghI have been a stutterer all my life.  I've been mocked by some really insensitive people.  When I see a "title" like yours, it makes me sick to my stomach.  It ain't funny.  It's demeaning and abusive.

@Cats3000, stutterers are not the only ones that stutter.  The OP's title is very representative of how people speak in crisis be it emotional or otherwise.  Non-stutterers also stutter during times of joy and excitement.

When I am trying to communicate through tears or excitement I stutter.  Believe me the thought that an overly sensitive stutterer might overhear me and be offended would never enter my mind. It is a natural and normal physiological reaction.

Of course I am not excusing anyone that stutters in ridicule.  That is totally unacceptable and your reaction to OP's thread title would then be warranted.  However, in context you are the one that is being demeaning and abusive to OP.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 

The thread title came from the song, Changes by David Bowie.  Here are part of the lyrcs.

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange
Ch-ch-changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange
Ch-ch-changes
There's gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time"

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh ... My heart breaks for you.  It's hard to see someone so wonderful struggle and break down right before your eyes.  Your heart will always have your strong man no matter what your eyes see.

Sending your strength, blessings and love to help you along the way.  Rest when you can, gripe when you need to and cry to release the pressure building up inside.  He knows you love him and that keeps him strong. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@gidgetgh,  has your DH's neurologist considered that he may have a form of neurogenic orthostatic hypotension (NOH) and perhaps did baroreflex evaluation?

While not exactly rare NOH is uncommon and might not have been considered.

@Marp - my husband does have an underlying health condition that would point more toward neurogenic orthostatic hypotension. He has Parkinson's Disease and Parkinson's related dementia.  

When we were there last month, the doctor tested his blood pressure three times- lying flat, then sitting, then standing. There was a significant drop. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@gidgetgh @I understand.  Midodrine is another drug used for orthoststic hypotension.  Hopefully it won’t get worse and perhaps it will go away all together, which it sometimes does.

@Snoopp - a friend told me about Midodrine just last week. Her husband has used it.  I'm going to talk to a pharmacist about it first to check its interactions with his Parkinson's medications and if that all is ok, I'm going to ask his doctor about it. Thanks for posting about it. 

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@gidgetgh,

My heart goes out to you.  It is so difficult, so sad, to see the people we love decline right in front of our eyes.

I was the main caregiver for both my parents.  My dad outlived my mom by 10 years.  He lived to be 97.  Dad was a police officer in Italy, a big strong man.  He was a gardener here.  So strong with all the manual labor.  The last 2 years of his life just broke my heart to see what he had become.  

Everyone tells us to take care of ourselves first.  So much easier said than done.  But I do agree with the ladies here, do not feel guilty or upset with yourself if you need some outside assistance.  Even if it's just a few hours a week.

You are in my thoughts.Heart

@roeroe1005 - I'm sorry about your parents. 

I won't feel guilty at all when the time comes for me to ask for help.  While there is no way I could leave my husband alone overnight, I'm still able to leave for a few hours and have lunch out or run some errands by myself. He's still well enough to be by himself for awhile.