Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I have had a small taste of that, of what may come.  Your post made me cry for you and for all of us who face that kind of life change.  I am happy to have every good (and bad) day left to us at this point.

My prayers, good thoughts and cyber-hugs are very much with us.  May you two have many good days left, and bless you for dealing with it and moving forward.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry your husband is not doing well and the stress and sadness it brings. I hope the wheelchair will bring some much needed relief. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : Sending prayers and hugs for you and your precious DH.❤️❤️🙏🙏 Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Aging in general isn't for sissies, let alone when medical issues come with it.. I don't know how old your husband is, my husband is 77 and his health is good, yet when I look at him I can see the slow steady decline. I don't know how well I will handle anything serious or debilitating with my husband in the future, I know it will come. I know my faith will comfort me, but we still have to do the work,  don't we. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful testimony of your unwavering love for your husband.  It speaks volumes about you. Your husband is a lucky man.

Remember to take care of yourself, too. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Prayers to you both. Sometimes life gives us more than we think we can handle. We just do the best we can.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Aging in general isn't for sissies, let alone when medical issues come with it.. I don't know how old your husband is, my husband is 77 and his health is good, yet when I look at him I can see the slow steady decline. I don't know how well I will handle anything serious or debilitating with my husband in the future, I know it will come. I know my faith will comfort me, but we still have to do the work,  don't we. Good luck.

@blackhole99 - my husband is 76, will be 77 in March. I'm 64. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

What a beautiful testimony of your unwavering love for your husband.  It speaks volumes about you. Your husband is a lucky man.

Remember to take care of yourself, too. 

Easier said than done though.  Thank you for the comments. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know what to say to you @gidgetgh .....it's such a hard and sad situation.  Sending you both good thoughts and prayers, for sure.  Bless you both.  🌷

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Prayers to you both. Sometimes life gives us more than we think we can handle. We just do the best we can.

@Catiele - yep.  I do the very best I can every single day.