Honored Contributor

I've noticed that all junk food is widely available here -- chips, cereal, cookies, candy.  Obviously I am not a cereal aficionado😏

Honored Contributor

My husband and trucker daughter have always been huge cereal lovers.   Right now our pantry has cornflakes, Rice Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Raisin Bran, and Honey Bunches of Oats.    I know to never run out of cereal and milk.   

Honored Contributor

Well, the guy from Kelloggs on the commercial said they were glad to "be there for everyone" to help give a stable comforting breakfast we can count on or something like thatSmiley HappyWoman Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

That's probably because they spent all their money on tp, paper towels,hand sanitizer, clorox wipes etc!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My husband and trucker daughter have always been huge cereal lovers.   Right now our pantry has cornflakes, Rice Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Raisin Bran, and Honey Bunches of Oats.    I know to never run out of cereal and milk.   

Of all those cereals, I've only eaten Honey Bunches. I always get the grain-type cereals from Costco --- Ancient Grains and Pumpkin Seeds. Yummy!!!!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Have you all noticed that your cereal aisle is well stocked, even though there are other shortages. Maybe it's just my area, but I'm glad for people who have children at home.

@QVCkitty1 

Hey, wait a minute now! Some people may see me as an 80 child, but don't knock my eating cereal!  Our kids, as you know, don't eat cereal(maybe Lily when she begs)! Other than unpopped corn made in our microwave(no oil at all) being my MAIN meal of the day? Cereal fills in another big part of my daily nutritional necessities, and work very well for me.

I ain't into the sugary are sweet laden types, but I go through a whole lot of Family and Giant size boxes. Target has the best prices, and they have been out of a couple I buy regularly. This is not "a fad" for me, this is how I fuel my body now, and have been for the last 2+ years.

Until such time that it quits keeping me operating at a high physical level? Ain't no way I am changing anything I eat, 80 year old kid or not.

=^..^=

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1Finally went today (16 days without) -  cereal aisle had lots of boxes but to find basic, unsweentened cereals took some serious looking.

Unrelated details-  the morning paper headlined how paper goods were back in stock -  the mid-day store reality -  no TP to be found.

Did well in the fresh produce area - not as well in frozen still.

Overall, I think I'm good until early May.

Honored Contributor

My husband has never eaten  cereal in our almost 40 years of marriage...I quit eating it years ago because it just makes me fat.  No cereal love here!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut , Hey, I never said cereal was for adults only, it's just that we as adults understand shortages better than the little ones. Enjoy your cereal and keep skating ! 😸

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

True, there's always cereal.  We like to have it for lunch sometimes, as well as brex.  Oatmeal sometimes. 

I love the different textures you get by mixing cereal.  One of my favorites is this combination:  corn or bran flakes mixed with wheat or rice chex, nuggety little grape nuts, with maybe a little Go Lean crunch on top just to add a tiny bit of sweetness...

Blueberries on top, and a splash of almond milk and 1% lactaid milk, mmmm.  Hungry now.

Have you tried great grains, it is delicious, and pretty healthy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan