Honored Contributor

Re: Celine Dion Magnificent!!!!

I read today that she might be doing a residency in Las Vegas again, I think at Resorts World.

I'm sure it will be a limited run with fewer shows if she does it.
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior wrote:

Gosh, they're all so young!  I remember those days Woman Tongue

They have their entire life ahead of them... Amazing to think of that.  And they participated in, &/or attended the Olympics!  so kewl

Im too impatient.   I cant wait thru all this for Celine. Im going to YT, see if she's there. Then see her again on TV here.

@411 1315 - I posted earlier that it's on you tube. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  I got it!  Thanks!!

HOLY SMOKES!

I cried too!  Goosebumps!

She hardly moved around, but her arm, but she belted that gorgeous song out like she was a freed bird for a few moments.  amazing....

In the videos of her, she wasnt sure she'd ever sing again, & she'd cry each time she's think of that.  She'd say  "I am my voice.  And my voice is me"

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link

Respected Contributor

"Hymn to Love, hymne à l'amour (If You Love Me, Really Love Me) [English Version] Lyrics"

"If the sky should fall into the sea

And the stars fall all around me

Of the time that we have known, dear

I will sing a hymn to love

We have lived and reigned we two alone

In a world that's hinder very own

With its memory ever grateful

Just for you, I'll sing a hymn to love

I remember each embrace

The smile that lights your face

And my heart begins to sing

Your arm, your hands secure

Your eyes that said be sure

And my heart begins to sing

If one day we had to say goodbye

And our love should fade away and die

In my heart, you will remain, dear

And I'll sing a hymn to love.

Those who love will live eternally

In the blue, where all is harmony

With my voice raised high to Heaven

Just for you, I'll sing a Hymn to love

He unites all those who loved before"

Writer(s) Marguerite Monnot, Constatine

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When was Hymn to Love, hymne à l'amour (If You Love Me, Really Love Me) [English Version] released?

~~~~~

Hymn to Love, hymne à l'amour (If You Love Me, Really Love Me) [English Version] is a english song released in 2010.

"Hymne à l'amour" (French pronunciation: [imn a lamuʁ]; French for "Hymn to Love") is a popular French song originally performed by Édith Piaf.

Celine Dion sang this song from the Eiffel Tower on July 26, 2024 at the culmination of the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics in Paris.

Édith Piaf

The lyrics were written by Piaf and the music by Marguerite Monnot. It was written to her lover and the love of her life, the French boxer, Marcel Cerdan.[1] On October 28, 1949, Cerdan was killed in the crash of Air France Flight 009 on his way from Paris to New York to come to see her. She recorded the song on May 2, 1950

(Ref:  www  jiosaavn ...

" Hymn to Love, hymne à l'amour (If You Love Me, Really Love Me) [English Version] Lyrics "

(Ref: " Hymne à l'amour "  Wikipedia )

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

Celine was amazing I saw her in the live coverage. We watched the repeat and I thought NBC's coverage was disjointed, we went to bed and never did get to see the USA team float by

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Edith Piaf sang so many beautiful songs, our home was filled with her music growing up. I love to hear artists like Celine and Lady Gaga sing her songs so beautifully.

Esteemed Contributor

It was a beautiful performance. Absolutely stunning. 

Super Contributor

Brenda Lee released If you love me really love me in1961 with different words. The music was the same . Found it on YouTube. WhenI heard Celine sing it in French at Olympics I knew it sounded something from my teen years.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@411 13 1 5    Thank you for the translation. That is a beautiful song. Celine was beautiful in her gorgeous Dior gown and her

performance was amazing, after all she has been through.