Honored Contributor

Ford,

I didn't post any photos, I posted a link to Jimmy Kimmel which was taken down because of photos the person complaining didn't even see and which were not graphic.

That's the latest discussion, which you posted right after.  What photos were you talking about?  You referenced photos on TV, which is what I was talking about and you posted right after me.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Ford,

I didn't post any photos, I posted a link to Jimmy Kimmel which was taken down because of photos the person complaining didn't even see and which were not graphic.

That's the latest discussion, which you posted right after.  What photos were you talking about?  You referenced photos on TV, which is what I was talking about and you posted right after me.

Noel, I did not see what you posted . . . I missed that whole series of posts I guess.  All I am saying here is how I feel about the descriptions of the photos and how it would affect me.  My post had nothing to do with you.  I did not "quote" you and had no idea about anything you said.  I can't help it if my post came "right after yours." 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@3dlovely wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@3dlovely wrote:

Well another belief I have is if karma don't get you -- God will! 

Good example of Karma working = OJ Simpson is in jail.

Yep -- He thought he was so above it all, but Karma got him.

Unfortunately, I understand he is treated like royalty in that jail and that all the inmates still look upon him as a hero.  He's not suffering.

Do not think that is true, Simpson has been attacked and beat-up several times in prosin.

This was taken from the same article as the one you most likely read.  So I think we're both right.  He now has hired a "bodyguard" in prison to watch his back.

'When OJ first arrived at Lovelock he was treated like royalty by the prisoners because they watched this guy play football for years so they were big fans.  But after all the fanfare wore off and OJ was treated just like everybody else by the guards he became a target,' the family friend added.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

In Memory of the magnificently handsome Cecil, who did nothing to deserve to die other than being a lion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo

That put a huge lump in my throat.  I remember the song so well, we used to love to sing it all together riding around with our friends.  Now it has an even more special meaning.  Thank you for posting.

Formerly Ford1224
Super Contributor

Re: Cecil the Lion

[ Edited ]

No matter what happens to this murdering egotist, nothing will bring the magnificent, beautiful  "King of the Jungle" back to roam his poorly proteted grasslands again. That is what makes me just as angry as I've ever been, NOTHING will be justice for Cecil or the world.

He's gone, tortured and gone forever.

A family member has animals mounted all over his den. One is a white albino squirrel. He told us how he had never seen one in his whole life, and this man was well over 50. Then he told how he started stakling the woods and when could, he shot the squirrel and there it was on his wall mounted. He was so proud, I almost vomited and will never see this person or his wretched treasures again.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@3dlovely wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@3dlovely wrote:

Unfortunately, I understand he is treated like royalty in that jail and that all the inmates still look upon him as a hero.  He's not suffering.

Do not think that is true, Simpson has been attacked and beat-up several times in prosin.

This was taken from the same article as the one you most likely read.  So I think we're both right.  He now has hired a "bodyguard" in prison to watch his back.

'When OJ first arrived at Lovelock he was treated like royalty by the prisoners because they watched this guy play football for years so they were big fans.  But after all the fanfare wore off and OJ was treated just like everybody else by the guards he became a target,' the family friend added.

I do not know what you have read.  There have been a good number of new articles over the last year or so that report the numerous times he has been beaten up.  So I commented that I believed that you were incorrect in your statement that he was being treated like royalty and not suffering.  Your statement indicated how he was being treated now, not something that may have happened 6 -7 years ago when he first arrived.  Either way life in prison is not pleasant.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Could we please not muddy the waters with OJ Simpson news?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@3dlovely wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@3dlovely wrote:

I do not know what you have read.  There have been a good number of new articles over the last year or so that report the numerous times he has been beaten up.  So I commented that I believed that you were incorrect in your statement that he was being treated like royalty and not suffering.  Your statement indicated how he was being treated now, not something that may have happened 6 -7 years ago when he first arrived.  Either way life in prison is not pleasant.

Yes.  You are right and I was going on old information.  I apologize.  Obviously I have no pity for him.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I agree, let's stay on topic please!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Could we please not muddy the waters with OJ Simpson news?

Yes, of course.  Sorry, I apologize for veering off what I agree is a far more important topic. 

Formerly Ford1224