Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Greenhouse, excellent post - one of the best I've ever read here.

Thank you Pearlee!   I have been to Africa and walked with these beautiful creatures and the saddest part, these lions though not tame trust humans.  

Yes, they're so used to the presence of humans and having cameras pointed at them, they don't even realize that a hunters gun is any different than the cameras with long range lenses that they're used to.

They probably don't even try to run away from the killers.

A real challenge for these brave ol' hunters, huh?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

As I"ve posted several times on the Cecil threads, I think Jimmy Kimmel hit the nail on the head as to why hunters hunt. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

As I"ve posted several times on the Cecil threads, I think Jimmy Kimmel hit the nail on the head as to why hunters hunt. 

@Pearlee

And I agree.....that plus the fact that they have no respect for life.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

...and the saddest part, these lions though not tame trust humans.  

Sadly, in way too many cases, a fatal mistake.

The photo of the female hunter with that giraffe was sickening.  The giraffe's face, even in death, looked sweet and trusting, making the photo all that much more horrifying.

Giraffes are just so sweet and gentle....how could one kill one 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil overload........

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

...and the saddest part, these lions though not tame trust humans.  

Sadly, in way too many cases, a fatal mistake.

The photo of the female hunter with that giraffe was sickening.  The giraffe's face, even in death, looked sweet and trusting, making the photo all that much more horrifying.

And what's worse is that woman (Sabrina Corgatelli) said she was "proud" of herself for killing that giraffe saying it was a "really old one".  Imagine, being proud of killing any creature who had survived for so long.

She also boasted that, if people are angry about Cecil, they'd better get ready to be angry about a lot more.  The implications being that she and other "great hunters" were going to be killing many more "trophies".  Totally disgusting example of a human being.

This is a link to the story.  Please be warned, there is a photo of her with her "trophy".  I don't want to upset anyone who is sensitive to that, just want to give people a chance to read it.

Giraffe hunter

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

Amen.  I'm on Cecil overload.  I think we've heard enough about Cecil and his family.  It's naive to think this is an unusual case.  Big game hunting happens everyday  in Africa and around the world.  It's the business of the country in which it occurs to control it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@debc wrote:

bandwagon

Really? I guess that is all you can contribute to this.Woman Sad

Profound, isn't it!

Trusted Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Humans are trashing this planet, destroying thousands of species.  This animal was being used to study how to manage and protect lions.  It's just one way some people are trying to take care of Earth.  It's representative of the disrespect some have for living things.  I completely disagree with the OP.

EXCELLENT POST! ITA WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID!

Trusted Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

I guess you're right.  We should return to talking about more important things like jewelry.

GOOD ONE! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

Mean spirited comment.  The OP wasn't talking about jewelry. There ARE lot of MORE important issues going on in our country right now.

HARDLY. LIGHTEN UP.

Trusted Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

It's not really dominating the news any more.  I highly doubt we will be shipping the dentist over there so it appears to be winding down.........

This story should be winding down. Enough already.

READ POST #88.