Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

For those  who can't muster up enough compassion for animals and their suffering, look at the tragedy as Gandhi would have:

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

.......says the Nation that coined the moniker, "Meat Candy".

I've never heard that expression in my 62 years....what does it mean? (serious question)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I don't think it is overload I think it is about time that we acknowledge the senseless death of an innocent. We are supposed to be the Stewards of this world and we are failing miserably. 

I hate it when this is brought to the attention of society and immediately it is put down by those complaining about the loss of human life etc. Yes that is a problem but again a man made problem. This deserve to be addressed just as much imo.

And I am not talking about the OP,  I am pointing out an observation about other posts I have read on other sites.

ITA!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

For those  who can't muster up enough compassion for animals and their suffering, look at the tragedy as Gandhi would have:

I've never heard that expression in my 62 years....what does it mean? (serious question)

Another name for Bacon.   Bacon has definitely gotten a HUGE PR boost over the last several years.  "Meat Candy" has worked its way into many-a-commercials. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cecil overload........

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Another name for Bacon.   Bacon has definitely gotten a HUGE PR boost over the last several years.  "Meat Candy" has worked its way into many-a-commercials. 

I'm a bit confused. I thought the expression was attributed to Ghandi. Meat candy? I thought they (religious Hindus of India) did not eat meat. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil overload........

[ Edited ]

@Say Nay

He was speaking in broad, worldwide, terms.

The 'greatest of a nation" I was referring to was the United States...and all its Meat Candy glory.  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

The 'greatest of a nation" I was referring to was the United States...and all its Meat Candy glory.  

Which is why your comment made no sense in response to my post...

(And the term is "the greatness of a nation".)

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

I guess you're right.  We should return to talking about more important things like jewelry.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

I guess you're right.  We should return to talking about more important things like jewelry.

GOOD ONE! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this topic.  I do feel bad about Cecil but the dentitst didn't know the lion was beloved.  His local guide is the one who should take responsibility.  I am thoroughly against all the trophy hunting.  However, in that country they allow the hunting because Americans pay thousands of dollars to do it. 

The other thing is that a lot of lions are killed every year so why was this one so famous, becuase the lion had a name?  In my part of PA we have hundreds of cute deer that run wild and they are allowed to be killed and no one questions it.  If we gave each deer a name would it make a difference? 

Don't believe for one minute that this dentist, Walter Palmer, didn't know exactly what was going on.  He's already been convicted of illegally poaching a bear in 2009 on a national reserve - having first lied twice to game wardens and then admitting the truth.  He was given a slap on the wrist fine and probation instead of the five years jail time he should have gotten.

His guides are also responsible.  They all knew that what they were doing was wrong.

This "dentist" thinks his money trumps any law.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Which is why your comment made no sense in response to my post...

(And the term is "the greatness of a nation".)

Oops....typo/autocorrect. 

I still stand behind my comments.   The "greatness of our nation" hinges on the popularity of Meat Candy....ie we don't respect the animal.