Valued Contributor

Re: Cat's Favorite Food, You'll Never Guess What It Is!

We had a cat who loved cantaloupe.  She didn't eat it but would lick and lick the rind.

Honored Contributor

My cat Moe loves cheese, he can smell it as soon as I take it out of the wrapper and meows until he gets some.

Valued Contributor

My cat love strawberries of any kind (fresh, frozen, slushie,etc.) also cheddar and cream cheese and a small amount of milk off my cereal.  She's quite a begger and I have to control her, as I don't want her to get sick..gotta love them kitties!

Super Contributor

My cat loved taco meat and fritos!

Respected Contributor

One cat loves salad greens,  the other will fight for Cotton Candy of all things!  The office cat Loves white cheddar cheese popcorn and knew it before we did when, one day,  we picked up the "wrong" black bag cheese popcorn!  He has very particular tastes! 

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 That is too cute! Now I know why our cat sits by the table and tries to take the corn on the cob off my plate when we have it. Great video! 

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

our cat loves chewing on tape. if a box comes in the house she will allways go to chew on shipping tape.

Respected Contributor

We had a picnic a few years ago, and my hounds were stealing into the cornfield, where we tossed our chewed-up cobs (this was on a farm.)

Fast-forward and my dogs stole the corn off the table and chewed it up, right through the husks. THEY LOVE IT. Dogs like sweets and things they can gnaw. So corn is right up there. 

Respected Contributor

By the way, I should point out that unlike dogs (omnivores) cats are obligate carnivores which is fancy zoology-talk for "they must eat meat." Too many carbs gives them a medical condition very like cirrhosis of the liver and that's painful and fatal. So don't be giving your cat much in the way of starch and sugary things. A taste is about all you should allow them. 

Esteemed Contributor

One of my cats just loves crab. In fact, he has tried to take the whole darn crab right off of my plate! *lol*

Another cat loved mayo, and yet a third cat loved leg of lamb.