Honored Contributor

Re: Cars Stuck In Tar DC

[ Edited ]

Photo from WTOP online:

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Mersha   Asphalt cannot be removed. It's like the gum stuck under a desk.  My former employer tarred potholed sections of the parking lot . i came back from lunch one day and drove over a section, which was not marked by cones,  and the asphalt stuck to my tire. 

a big lump of tar was stuck in the tire treads and i had to get AAA to come and install  my spare. my car was not driveable with that big lump.

the tire was toast. Plus, my company didnt want to compensate me at first for the cost of a new tire.  it was a mess.

I had a similar experience. I went through the drive through at Burger King for lunch. 

Picked up my whopper and went back to work. As I was driving I thought one of my tires went flat. I pulled over and all the tires were inflated and looked fine. 

But there was definately something very wrong. I limped back to work. And crawled around my car. I was determined to find out what was wrong. I finally found a glob of tar stuck in the tread of one tire. It was still warm so I was able to pick the tar out of the tread and remove glob of tar.

Apparently Burger King had a contractor fill all the pot holes in their parking lot. I think the tar that I drove through was the last pothole they filled. Because there was no contractor in the parking lot while I was there. So being nice and warm the tread of my tire just pulled the tar out of the pothole.

Super Contributor

I sure hope nobody tried to get out of their car as I am sure once they stepped on the tar they wouldn't be able to move.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cars Stuck In Tar DC

[ Edited ]

That would be Horrible!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

I sure hope nobody tried to get out of their car as I am sure once they stepped on the tar they wouldn't be able to move.

If you read the stories of the firebombing of Dresden and Hamburg Germany during WWII, you would read accounts of people who got stuck in the molten tar and died there. It's not a good way to die.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!