Respected Contributor

I am curious if anyone saw the big reveal the other night? Sunday I believe it was....I just saw some news info on it online and I can't tell any difference at all in her appearance. The whole thing strikes me as odd.  She told everyone she would look abit different due to her accident and 40 stitches to her face.  From what I read she basically hid from everyone until the other night and well she looks exactly the same to my eye.  

This whole event reminded me of a long time ago memory of a girl friend of mine in the 8th grade....LONG TIME AGO LOL!  Anyway Chris (that was her name) was one of those girls that had prefect hair, skin and so on....popular.  Well one evening she called me very upset telling me she had ACNE breakout!  She was so upset and said she would NOT be coming to school.  I was thinking WHAT your Mom let's you stay home if you get a breakout?  There I am pretty much covered in acne...using every topical available I could get back then and breaking out terribly at that age.  My hair is naturally FUZZY curly and back then blow dryers were just getting lift off for styling hair...I was a mess basically.  

So the next day she comes to school upset that her Mom made her.....she had on one of those tiny tiny bandaids over a pimple I couldn't even see on the top of her forehead covered by her bangs LOL!!  It was gone by the next day never to have another break out as long as I knew her thur graduation!

I am thinking is this what is going on with Carrie Underwood?  I mean she is beautiful to be sure...and truly blessed in her looks skin hair and of course her talent/voice is amazing.  So if one finally gets a bump in life they go off the deep end??

I know I struggled all my life with my bad skin...then developed rosacea in my 30's and it was really bad...and I had a very difficult time dealing with all that and how burning and red my face was. 

I think back to that one mega star....he was so handsome and had a car accident and it really changed his looks on the one side of his face.  I can't think of his name right now!!  

Ok I went on to long about this just thinking out loud and felt like posting on this subject.

Honored Contributor

When she said "I look different" I always thought she meant at the time she made that quote because she was still healing. I didn't get the impression that the 40 stitches was going to make her look different permanently.

Plus, someone posted a photo of her at the gym.  She posed with the fan.  It was like a week ago and she looked like she always did.

I think people just need something to talk about.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Such a beautiful girl and very talented.  Her face did look a bit different, longer maybe ?  We should all be so lucky.  

Laughed out loud about your friend, I think we all had one.  My mom would have kicked my butt out the door so fast -- a zit!  What we learn as we get older. 

Respected Contributor

Does anyone think that she had a little cosmetic proceedure and had to heal. She is such a sweetie that I just find that hard to believe.

I know someone that had a small cyst removed from the forehead requiring 5 stiches. The work was done by a plastic surgeon and the scar is visible. She must have had a fantastic plastic surgeon.

Strange story for sure.

Honored Contributor

I don't think her fans would abandon her even if she had scars you could actually see. I'm kind of surprised she is so superficial. Not a fan though.

Esteemed Contributor

There is nothing odd. She happens to be really self consious and is in the public eye. To her she could see a scar.

Honored Contributor

Well, if that’s the case I want her PS to work on me if I ever have an accident!

Valued Contributor
She probably had a great surgeon plus she had makeup on. They sell special scar makeup. I agree that she may have made that comment when the scar looked it’s worst. I’m happy she’s ok.
Honored Contributor

They never did a close up of her face, so who knows what was under her hair and under her makeup.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I think she is a beautiful young woman.  Yes, she did have an accident.  She fell outside going up some stairs.  She also had a broken wrist.  Being in the public spotlight, I'm sure her appearance is important.  Instead of speculating or judging, I am happy that she is OK and is confident to appear in public again.