Honored Contributor

Re: Carrie Underwood....

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

Her stitches may not have all been on the surface of her face.  She very well could have had internal stitches such as losing teeth and needing stitches on her gums.  Or severely bitten the inside of her moth.

Poor Carrie-she suffers a fall, breaks a wrist, has stitches (and most likely the best $ can buy to repair any visible facial damage) and everyone is looking for somethng to prove her to be a liar and looking for attention.

Give her a break already.

Jeeze Louise already.  And this hardly compares to a pimple.

@Cakers3- I couldn't have said it better!  It's sickening how people will immediately start accusing her of having had plastic surgery (like she needs it!) or making the whole thing up for publicity, being a drama queen.  (Oh and I bet the x-ray of her shattered wrist is a fake, too!!!)

Clearly, the accident was traumatic for her and she stayed out of the spotlight while she healed physically.  Healing mentally may take a lot longer.  Sad that people can't just let it be.

Valued Contributor
I may be the only one, but I can see a slight difference. A perfectionist is always going to see things as larger than most people, even the pimple. Carrie has a beautiful voice. That hasn't changed. Hopefully, she can accept her new look. I'm not sure why she called so much attention to it. That is odd. I do believe there is more to the story.
Super Contributor

IMHO - She is going to have a really hard time accepting the inevitable changes to her face when Father Time appears.  

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Plus, someone posted a photo of her at the gym.  She posed with the fan.  It was like a week ago and she looked like she always did.

I think people just need something to talk about.

@VaBelle35

This is the only ‘gym’ picture...and it was literally 1 month after 

her fall...and the fan, Adrienne Gang, said she had no idea

there was an injury.

Only one talking is Carrie, so....

CDAB5AD5-902A-485D-8EC7-E294514DA5D5.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

IMHO - She is going to have a really hard time accepting the inevitable changes to her face when Father Time appears.  

This is exactly what I kept thinking to myself as this story kept popping up on the news.

She's in for a tough time of it, because she is not going to be able to accept the continual changes that come with natural aging, and there are a LOT of those.

I agree with those that say this story is bizarre and just seems off.  But that is totally due to how it was presented to the public, not because she had a fall and had stitches.

If there is speculation, it's primarily because Carrie Underwood or her representatives did it in such an odd fashion.

She seems like a sweet girl, and she seems okay now, so that is what is important.  There is always gossip about these celebrities, unfortunately.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Carrie Underwood....

[ Edited ]

I am with those thinking that she probably had some plastic surgery.  I also agree that she is one drama queen -- desperately needing attention.  She hadn't been in the news for a while, so bam -- scar that no one can apparently see on her face.  Geez.

Off subject -- but I thought she looked awful on the ACMs and sounded awful as well.  Didn't care for her new song even a little bit.  I think she is just starting to get a little more weird  as time passes.

Honored Contributor

Some of the responses? OMG.

Carrie is a beautiful, young woman who had an injury. When you are that beautiful the slightest thing is going to worry you about your face. Just because it isn't visible to anyone doesn't mean it did not happen. She has expert doctors handling her case and makeup can help a lot to completely hide scars.

And the OP's comparison of a beautiful girl in school having a pimple to Carrie's injury? Hardy comparable. As far as the actor ...it was Monty Clift.

Honored Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

Having a scar on your face is hardly comparable to natural aging. She's a young beautiful woman in her prime.

Honored Contributor

I know @Trinity11 I was trying to figure out why 40-50 stitches in your face had anything whatsoever to do with a zit.  I thought I was missing something because that made no sense.   Carrie is lovely and always will be.   I did not really see a difference but her eyes seem to always get the attention not her upper lip.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I thought she sounded phenomenal at the ACMs and looked phenomenal as well.  I heard her new song before she debuted it on the awards show and not live it is different, there isn't so much filler like when she performed live.

I personally thought she looked exactly the same.  The photo posted above of her face from the awards show is so close up, I think it's just distorted. 

I'm not sure what went on with the fall and her face.  Yes it's all been a bit odd.  Even on social media she posted photos of herself working in the studio but it was just one side of her face and a big deal was made about that.

What I find sickening are the allegations made my some that her husband did this to her.  You know he is a hockey player after all.