Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 thank you for posting this. I'm not a Facebook member and don't wish to join, but it's nice to see her smiling face and know that she's moving on. I have never followed anybody, but I would consider following her if I were a Facebook member.

Regular Contributor

Carolyn , of course she is hurt and she should show some emotion .

She will be missed and she will in time have a better life . 

Her hair appears to have been cut and it looks good . Not all people can wear long hair . My hair looks good very short .

Time heals all wounds .

Trusted Contributor

Carolyn was no doubt shocked and upset to be let go from her job, especially if she had no indication of what was coming.  Who wouldn't be?  But she seems to be a person who has her priorities in order.  She's of a certain age, she's had serious health issues, lost close members of her family, etc.  So, I think after the shock of it, she's going to be just fine, as is Dan Hughes.

All the hosts who have been let go seem to be doing just fine.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - What is Dan using as his page name?  Not sure if that's what it's called, but someone told us what Carolyn was using and that's how I was able to read what she'd posted.

I'd be interested to see Dan's full post.  To my mind, he was the only male host they had who dealt with all the home improvement, sports, etc. shows.  I wonder who'll do those now.  I bought quite a few things from his shows over the years (tools, ladders and such) because he demonstrated things and knew what he was talking about.

I noticed that Carolyn said she was no longer able to interact on her QVC FB page, even though it's still up.  Of course, QVC wouldn't want her (or any other terminated host) to be able to say anything unapproved on their page.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper - What is Dan using as his page name?  Not sure if that's what it's called, but someone told us what Carolyn was using and that's how I was able to read what she'd posted.

I'd be interested to see Dan's full post.  To my mind, he was the only male host they had who dealt with all the home improvement, sports, etc. shows.  I wonder who'll do those now.  I bought quite a few things from his shows over the years (tools, ladders and such) because he demonstrated things and knew what he was talking about.

I noticed that Carolyn said she was no longer able to interact on her QVC FB page, even though it's still up.  Of course, QVC wouldn't want her (or any other terminated host) to be able to say anything unapproved on their page.

@Venezia    His page is Dan Hughes. There are a couple of other Dan Hughes on Facebook, but just look for the one with his picture.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @50Mickey , but for some reason I'm not finding him.  I'll just check in here from time to time to see what others post.  I don't do FB and don't particularly want to start.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Thanks, @50Mickey , but for some reason I'm not finding him.  I'll just check in here from time to time to see what others post.  I don't do FB and don't particularly want to start.

@Venezia 

Dan's new page is not yet public, so if you don't belong to Facebook you may not be able to see it.  I'm not sure how that all works.🤷‍♀️

He is working with someone to get a better page soon.  He and Carolyn both have been overwhelmed by the responses they've gotten.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia 

Dan's new page is not yet public, so if you don't belong to Facebook you may not be able to see it.  I'm not sure how that all works.🤷‍♀️

He is working with someone to get a better page soon.  He and Carolyn both have been overwhelmed by the responses they've gotten.

he is not savvy with technology or computers so perhaps his wife can set up the free account.  Carolyn looks wonderful and will miss her dearly in the garden.  To my knowledge she was one of the few who actually enjoyed gardening, seems like most of them hire people to do it for them.

Respected Contributor

It is common that the longer you have been with a company,the more likely you will be let go as you approach the time you might be eligible for benefits.  It is unconscionable that so many employers do this. Am not saying this was the case in Dan and Carolyn's departures, but if I were the other longtime hosts, I would be looking over my shoulder. If Q thinks these moves will bring in younger customers, they are badly mistaken, and time will show them that.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/dan.hughes.33/

“All unsolicited advice is self-serving.”