New Contributor

Not this time!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Googling 6abc (dot) com qvc layoffs  hosts Dan Hughes and Carolyn Gracie may offer more insight into the hosts'& others' layoffs. If this is googled without 6abc, there are more news videos.

I don't live real far from Philadelphia or Chester County and get the Philadelphia news on TV & my computer.

There are also more details on the Q's status in a more complete annual financial report for 2022 for qurate if that is googled.

The plan seems to be to turn things around. New chief executives in place, too. I hope it works for them and that no one else loses their job. Suddenly being unemployed must be scary, and the Q has an impact on the economy of the surrounding area where employees live.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily    Thanks, I'll check it out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Sadly you fired the one authentic woman who was a host.  Many of us really appreciated her as a real person that we trusted.  I turn off the volume on all the rest, as find them obnoxious. And phony.

Regular Contributor

I'd give them Shawn too 2 for 1

Regular Contributor

I don't know the new generation that buys on line is not buying from the Q. I think people are over the Q and Hsn. Jmo

Valued Contributor

@anxious1 wrote:

I prefer to spend my money where ethics are practiced.  After all QVC is the one promoting hosts as family and friends.  I used to leave it on as background all day and often made impulse buys as a result.  I don't care for most of the new hosts.  Maybe after 30 years I would but see no reason to do that again. For example our neighborhood drug store had a wonderful employee who became a friend.  Always pleasant and helpful.  When she was lwt go I quit going to that store, There are so many other places I can shop.

I do understand how you are feeling but keep in mind, we don't know how  

employees are treated at other places we shop, for example:  grocery stores,

Walmart or similar stores, which in my area I have heard that Walmart does not

treat employees that well.  Walmarts knows they can easily replace

employees. 

In most big corporation the employee is just an employee number on the

books.

Esteemed Contributor

Paid off my QVC & HSN cards last month per the 30%+ interest rate. Don't plan to buy anything.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  I found the article which was mostly the statement issued by QVC but I enjoyed the video.  Yes, A layoff will have an economic impact on the area (Chester County?).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes, and the other videos are similar.

The full 2022 qurate financial report has some details, and there are other news stories about new executives (3 I think). One was previously a CFO for JCP (I think I read).

It also looks as though they may be planning to focus more on livestreaming according to the articles & report. There were losses in several of their businesses. It looks like their margins have decreased, the average size of a purchase has decreased, etc.

There's still text about the warehouse fire.

Businesses have fire insurance that can include loss of business & rebuilding; at least the small retail chain I worked for many years ago did - It may or may not have been a requirement in the leases.

Idk if the Q had fire insurance.

In my clueless opinion, I think qvc & hsn should move on to more livestreaming. Going back to one TV channel would cut expenses; maybe later they'll eliminate TV altogether?

I'd also have outside vendors do their own shipping (with the shopping channel's logo packaging) and not use USPS. QVC & HSN wouldn't have to warehouse as much, & cut more expenses. It costs $ to warehouse.

When I was a Buyer & Product Developer, there were great inventory computer programs. I would think they're even better now.