Esteemed Contributor

The back of my Toyota came with a mat well everything flies around. It's crazy. I opened the back slowly and a case of water came flying out!  Any suggestions to make the area a little less slippy or dangerous really. There is no carpet under this mat only a thin piece of something covering the extra wheel area. Any replies greatly appreciated. ❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

@godi 

Any interest in those trunk bag systems, like the Q sells?

If not, you could use one of those suction cup tub mats.

Honored Contributor

What about that rubber shelf liner that you can get in the dollar store?

Regular Contributor

I bought a cargo net for my Jeep. It does a great job of keeping items in the cargo area when I open the back hatch. 

Honored Contributor

@godi ...............I agree with the poster newernickname.  A cargo net is the answer to your problem.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

I bought a new Suburu Forester last year and the cargo net that I took from my former Forester doesn't fit (too small). 

I would be happy to mail it to you if you would like it.

Frequent Contributor

I solved the slippery surface in my Forester with a rubber -backed rug.  Bonus that I can take it out to clean it.  I also use the trunk organizer as mentioned by others.

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

The back of my Toyota came with a mat well everything flies around. It's crazy. I opened the back slowly and a case of water came flying out!  Any suggestions to make the area a little less slippy or dangerous really. There is no carpet under this mat only a thin piece of something covering the extra wheel area. Any replies greatly appreciated. ❤️🙏

Might have to ask how fast do you drive that cases of water come flying out when you open the door. 😁

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Non skid rug might work. Our SUV is carpeted and I haven't had any instances of flying water.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for replying. Some made me laugh. I have the cargo thingys you put stuff in. The bin thing QVC sells. That even moves around with stuff in it! The water fell out cause it slid towards the door and the bins pushed it. Nothing stays still on the mat. No hooks to put a net. I have two from previous vehicles. Oh well I will figure it out. Thanks again all.