Super Contributor

Re: CardinalGirl......are you here this afternoon?????

On 11/18/2014 tansy said: That's a lot of info to process just working on Thursdays.

Eh. Why rush?

Honored Contributor

So the GJ works about as much as our Congress.

Honored Contributor

Even if the GJ meets on Thursday and they have a decision, they most likely will delay it since everybody will be expecting a decision on Thursday.

Respected Contributor

A serious question, does the GJ discuss the entire life of the parties involved or just the incident that day. Prior acts, etc? If not, I don't think it would take months and months to go over the events of that actual day, interview the actual witnesses (not the hundreds who say they saw the entire event, like the millions that were at Woodstock), listen to the experts about the forensics, ballistics, medical examiner reports, etc.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 minkbunny said:

A serious question, does the GJ discuss the entire life of the parties involved or just the incident that day. Prior acts, etc? If not, I don't think it would take months and months to go over the events of that actual day, interview the actual witnesses (not the hundreds who say they saw the entire event, like the millions that were at Woodstock), listen to the experts about the forensics, ballistics, medical examiner reports, etc.

There is speculation that the GJ is actually running its own mini-trial. Except the dead person has no representation.

There are some heads shaking because the GJ should be deciding if there's enough evidence for the officer to be brought to trial- not actually having a trial.

Respected Contributor

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Everything I've heard is that this is not a typical GJ.

Not at all.

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

There is speculation that the GJ is actually running its own mini-trial. Except the dead person has no representation.

There are some heads shaking because the GJ should be deciding if there's enough evidence for the officer to be brought to trial- not actually having a trial.

Where did you hear this.......who is doing the speculating????

That's exactly what the GJ should be doing......

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 ShowMe said:
On 11/18/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

Where did you hear this.......who is doing the speculating????

That's exactly what the GJ should be doing......

I've been reading and hearing pundits speculate about this for a couple of months. The sheer amount of evidence alone has provoked questions about why the GJ is involved in the minutae when their job is to decide if there is enough evidence to bring Wilson to trial.

Respected Contributor

It is taking an extraordinarily long time for the GJ to decide if this case should go to trial. They should not be running a mini trial. The AG should be presenting a very abbreviated set of facts. There may be LIMITED eyewitness live testimony. Limited expert testimony. Most of the time you just hear deposition testimony. Prior acts of the victim should not be discussed.

The most complicated, involved case I heard as a GJ member took 2 1/2 days.

The State simply presents, mostly in narrative form, the evidence they have gathered.

Something is very wrong here.

~Enough is enough~