Honored Contributor

Re: 😯 Cardi B has filed for divorce! 😯

In view of her most recent song/video/lyrics, maybe Offset would be a better primary caregiver, than her.

What is her daughter going to think when she is old enough to see this on social media, or hear about it from friends?

Really sad......for her daughter.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Usually I wouldn't care about a celebrity's divorce and I'm not too interested in this one.  However, I have become somewhat of a Cardi B. fan not because of her music, but because she is a pretty smart cookie and speaks very well on a host of topics.  Don't judge a book by it's cover.  There's more to the girl than meets the eye.

I am not a Cardi B fan. Honestly, I find the lyrics to her songs offensive. But what @Jaspersmom said; Oh  yeah! 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I think she's awesome. More power to her and I hope she has lots of fun as a single lady. Her lyrics don't offend me. When I listen to that style of music from certain musicians and rappers, I know exactly what I am getting into. I think the song that some here are all aflutter about is kind of fun when I'm in the right mood for it.

Getting upset about raunchy rap is no different than choosing to listen to classical music and getting shocked and upset when you hear the bassoons playing. What did you expect? And if you don't even listen to it, why would you care about it.

Remember you guys, you can't control anyone. And you most certainly cannot control Ms. Cardi B.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Again??? (yawn) Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

No clue who this is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Always sad when divorce happens and children are involved.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I think she's awesome. More power to her and I hope she has lots of fun as a single lady. Her lyrics don't offend me. When I listen to that style of music from certain musicians and rappers, I know exactly what I am getting into. I think the song that some here are all aflutter about is kind of fun when I'm in the right mood for it.

Getting upset about raunchy rap is no different than choosing to listen to classical music and getting shocked and upset when you hear the bassoons playing. What did you expect? And if you don't even listen to it, why would you care about it.

Remember you guys, you can't control anyone. And you most certainly cannot control Ms. Cardi B.

@Porcelain 

I don't listen to music I find offensive. I don't get upset over it but rather choose not to listen to it. I

realized long ago that the only person I can control is ME! That being said, I do live in this world and like to keep informed. So yes, I did seek out her music and story just to know who she is. I don't know how old you are but I would venture to say that most women in my age group would not care to listen to lyrics such as the ones in her songs. 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Sorry to hear of any family splitting up, especially with a young child.  I do not know who Cardi B is though.  I do not watch t.v. any only listen to Country, Classic Rock or Christian music so this must be someone past my time, so to speak.

@beckyb1012 

I've also never heard of her ...  or her soon to be ex-husband.  

While people like to see people stay together "for the children", sometimes the divorce is the lesser of the two evils.  NO child should grow up in a war zone or with parents who have emotionally checked out of the marriage.  

Honored Contributor

@eve45 wrote:

I'm a fan of Cardi B. Thanks, I found your post newsworthy. People do get divorced all of the time, but there is only one Cardi B.

Thank god.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

So are you saying we should expect rap to be automatically disgusting? If so, why?

I didn't see any posts describing the wish to control Cardi B.