Respected Contributor

Yes, I like sending and receiving cards in the mail.

Esteemed Contributor

I always send gorgeous cards out. I don't care what it costs, I think in my home it's a nice tradition. I enjoy writing them out as much as I enjoy receiving them. I don't write a letter in the cards, per se, but I do right a small now at the bottom of each card to the recipient. I don't like in cards at all. They're very impersonal.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

As I responded to the earlier post on this topic,Yes, I will.  I make all my cards and send about 30..  No two are alike.

I think it is fabulous that you take the time to do this...good on you!  Woman Happy

I agree! I want to be on her Christmas card list!! 

Honored Contributor

I found years ago that I would receive a Christmas card only from those that already received the card I sent them first. I quickly realized that they were sending me one only to be polite, not that they wanted to. I send none and get none in return. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

To receive an actual Christmas card means that you're worth at least the price of the card, stamp, and time of the sender. Online cards are nice, some exceptional, but you can't display them on your buffet.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I send cards - about 25.  For those indiviudals I do not see during the year I do include a brief note stating what's been going on with us during the year.

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I always send gorgeous cards out. I don't care what it costs, I think in my home it's a nice tradition. I enjoy writing them out as much as I enjoy receiving them. I don't write a letter in the cards, per se, but I do right a small now at the bottom of each card to the recipient. I don't like in cards at all. They're very impersonal.

You are my kind of girl @Effie54Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

You are my kind of girl @Effie54Heart

Thank you!! 💖💖

Honored Contributor

I have worked on my cards over the last few days, and know several people on my card list are in an early-mid stage of dementia.  

My mom is in late stage dementia and in 24/7 care now.  Christmas, like everything else, is totally irrelevant to her now.  Last year she tried to throw all of her gifts in the trash, saying those didn't belong to her.

One thing that really bothered me is how quick people were to write mom off their lists as she declined.  When she stopped going to church and could no longer be helpful there, she was forgotten.  No birthday cards, no Christmas cards, nothing.  Up until we moved her out of the house, Mom was going to her mailbox every day; any piece of mail with her name on it was hers!  She carried the few cards she received last Christmas around with her and placed them by her bed at night.  I wrote notes to those who sent her a card so they would know what their simple effort had meant to my mother.  

Moms dementia journey has heightened my awareness and I will do what I can to try to make someone smile and add a ray of light to the darkness of dementia.  

Super Contributor

I LOVE to send out Christmas cards. I never include a letter, as I really didn't see the point of mentioning all that I did during the year, those that know me will know my story. I have no children to brag about, but will include a note to the people I wish to send heartfelt greetings to.

I don't get as many from others, but it will not deter me from sending them out to family and friends, as they live across the country. Merry Christmas!!