Respected Contributor

I still send Christmas cards.  Used to send about 30.  Now only about 10 or under.

Honored Contributor

As I responded to the earlier post on this topic,Yes, I will.  I make all my cards and send about 30..  No two are alike.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Card sending poll....

[ Edited ]

Absolutely yes... I send them and like others, I write a personal note in each and every one of them. 

Christmas cards are practically the only thing one receives in actual hand written cursive. 

Oh...I have only gotten a few of those "letters," and I didn't like them...nothing like saying the same exact thing to everyone on your list! 

Esteemed Contributor

No longer sending.  Facebook.  Or I use email or messenger.  Or I pick up the phone the old fashioned way and call.  

As for a gift I just send and it is usually an Amazon card.  I cannot figure out what anyone really wants. Most of the time they are polite and really don't like what I give them anyway.   

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Very Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Card sending poll....

[ Edited ]

I will send Christmas cards.  My family is spread across different states, along with some friends.  In the last couple of years, I started inserting a small note, no more than a couple of paragraphs about my life over the last year.  It's not a long letter but it's too much to write in a card.  

I also make my own cards from my photography so they’re unique and people seem to look forward to seeing them. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I send about 20 cards out which is down from the 50 I sent in years past.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do, although I have shortened my list over the years.

I enjoy sending them with a personal note added.  Time to think of person(s) I am sending them to and enjoy some memories.  I appreciate those I receive too.  

I remember growing up there was so much mail at Christmas that we had two deliveries a day!  Those days are long gone.  Now we could have two deliveries a week..ha!  

Honored Contributor

Yes.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

As I responded to the earlier post on this topic,Yes, I will.  I make all my cards and send about 30..  No two are alike.

I think it is fabulous that you take the time to do this...good on you!  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

We see our family on Christmas Eve. We all go out to eat and exchange cards/ gifts. We are only about 12 of us. Maybe a boyfriend or two. I only need to mail out 4 cards. We have lost much family recently. My parents sent out at least 100. Loved seeing the cards taped up around the doorways. I do miss that.