Honored Contributor

Car Insurance Refund Due to Covid

Received an unexpected surprise today when we received a rebate from our car insurance company due to less driving while under our 'shelter in place' order.

Cool! Every little bit helps!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Car Insurance Refund Due to Covid

I think most big companies are doing that. We received rebates from our insurance with USAA.

Esteemed Contributor

I received a second small rebate from my auto insurer earlier this month.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pay my car insurance every three months so I received a credit on my Bill that I paid three months back, and on the premium payment that I just mailed off for my August payment.  

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Received an unexpected surprise today when we received a rebate from our car insurance company due to less driving while under our 'shelter in place' order.

Cool! Every little bit helps!

@KingstonsMom Not only have we received credits but the price of our renewal is lower.  Had to do a double take on that one as we don't pay month to month but in one lump sum every 6 months. We have another account for my husbands motorcycle and not only did we receive credits for our cars but on that account too plus just paid for it; the motorcycle is billed once a year and it too was lower.    

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking about this not that long ago - I haven’t seen anything. Personally, I’m still driving quite a bit, so I don’t think I really deserve it. But I would still like it if I’m supposed to get it!

Maybe I’ll see a credit on my next bill - I should be getting that next month. Thanks for keeping this on my radar!
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Mine did also back in May. Some companies are doing a 2nd round of rebates. I hope ours does a 2nd one!

Honored Contributor

Our insurance is with Georgia Farm Bureau, family members that I've checked with who have insurance with "big" insurance companies like Allstate and State Farm have not gotten any kind of rebate due to Covid.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

We recieved a nice credit from State Farm.  However, the bill this month is back up there.

Respected Contributor

Our cars are insured through State Farm.  For the bills that were due in July, they were about $50-$100 lower for each car.  The insurance for our other car isn't due until later in the year and we just received a $65 refund check for that one.