Honored Contributor

Re: Car Insurance Refund Due to Covid

Yes there have been quite a few threads about this from earlier in spring. I got a significant refund from Erie.
Honored Contributor

We got one too from our company. well deserved, my car sat for over 2 months, not used at all. 

Honored Contributor

I received a check a couple of months ago, which I thought was a nice touch. Never even thought about the fact that one would get a refund of sorts because of the recommendation to stay home. I believe the insurance company said they were giving me 1/3 of my normal quarterly fee back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Our cars are insured through State Farm.  For the bills that were due in July, they were about $50-$100 lower for each car.  The insurance for our other car isn't due until later in the year and we just received a $65 refund check for that one.

My heart almost stopped!  Have you been in my mail this month?  I vote $85.

Esteemed Contributor

We got a letter on May 3rd about a refund, but so far we haven't received it.

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Our insurance is with Georgia Farm Bureau, family members that I've checked with who have insurance with "big" insurance companies like Allstate and State Farm have not gotten any kind of rebate due to Covid.

@KingstonsMom  Allstate was actually the first company to announce that they would be issuing rebates back in April.  If your family members haven't received a rebate -- they should look into it.

Trusted Contributor

Glad to hear. I haven't put one single mile on my car since March, and I got a refund check for about $20. 

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 

Thank you, I'll let them know to check with their agent!

This is the first time I've heard/read about car insurance companies offering these rebates!

I think it's a great and much appreciated gesture!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I received a rebate from GEICO with a big BUT.  I have been paying quarterly to them for close to 30 years.  They informed me that my payment has increased by $74 per month.  I drive infrequently, have no accidents and no tickets.  My only claims were for jump starts because my car sat for too long.  Grrr

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I didn’t get a rebate but I got my bill recently and it is significantly lower than normal.