Honored Contributor

He had a decision to make. He could try to help save his men WHO ARE IN IMMINENT DANGER or stay quiet because of a remote possibility.

He made a heroic choice.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

And now he has tested positive for COVID-19.  I heard that on the news this afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

NO!!!!! He is NOT a hero.  He went rougue.  He went public.  He failed to follow the chain of command.  He sandbagged his superiors.  He upset the good order of the military.  The sailors cheering him on as he left the ship are the kinds of "snowflakes" you find in schools protesting when their favorite teacher is removed.  I'm afraid that some in the military don't understand the military.  That could be disastrous.

You just called members of the US Navy snowflakes? Then everyone is a snowflake to you. What an overused derogatory term. Typically thrown around by people who are very very sensitive about certain subjects themselves. I'll be glad to see the back of that one.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

NO!!!!! He is NOT a hero.  He went rougue.  He went public.  He failed to follow the chain of command.  He sandbagged his superiors.  He upset the good order of the military.  The sailors cheering him on as he left the ship are the kinds of "snowflakes" you find in schools protesting when their favorite teacher is removed.  I'm afraid that some in the military don't understand the military.  That could be disastrous.

@Cats3000 What a horrible name to call members of the Military. 

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Cats3000 That is an incredibly nasty, vile, offensive thing to say about our men and women in the military.

I am afraid that those at top echelons of government are the ones that do NOT understand the military.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha, etc.

Par for the course from that one.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Maybe someone will consider him for a high level position under the Chief of Naval Operations in the next administration.

He certainly deserves it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Captain Brett Crozier

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

Just out of curiosity, those that are applauding this commander....if there was something catastrophic to happen to the U.S and it was b/c of this "security breach" (ie: possibly showing our military was at a weak point, etc..)...how would you feel then?

ETA: I realized that @ariezle post was exactly along the lines of what I was referring too...she just said it better than I did.

If 'anything' was going to happen because of a security breach, it would have already happened in the last three (3) years.  

I would still applaud this man for his leadership and willingness to do the right thing and desire to take care of his men. 

Parents of the sailors were on the news today thanking him and saying he did the right thing... 

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:
BrandiDavis wrote:
Tayler1 wrote:

People think of Capt Crozier as a hero. But nothing could be further from the truth. What he did was put his aircraft carier and sailors/crew at a high risk. He practically, by leaking confidential letter to 30 people (and the media), advertised to the public that his fighter ship full of munition, nuclear weapons, an expensive aircraft jets, was vulnerable. It placed the operational security of that ship in jeorpady and emboldened the enemy to seek advantage. He, as well, undermined the chain of command (who were moving and adjusting as rapidly as possible to get him the help he needed in the next 24/48 hours. The Secretary of the Navy said that Capt Crozier was overwhelmed. That's not the attitude of a U.S. Navy Captain. Imagine if he was at war and could not make the right decisions? Crozier unnecesarily raised the alarm with the families of the sailor with no plans to address those concerns or reassurance. He knew well that leaking that letter would get him relieved from that ship. He probably wanted out.

Tayler1  Again, ITA...I think you are exactly right. People are getting caught up in the "hero" thing, but as my question that I posed....I tend to think folks would be singing a different tune if something happened to the U.S. on count of his actions.

I too, felt bad for the captain, I couldn't understand why that happened. Only after reading the details, I now understand. Yes, his actions put his aircraft carrier and crew in a high risk...dangerous situation. 

To better understand the chain of events...  I posted (read post #47) ...

Statement from the Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas B. Modly, regarding the relief of the Commanding Officer of USS Theodore Roosevelt.

Note the word ACTING!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Captain Brett Crozier

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Captain Crozier has tested positive for Covid-19

Smiley Sad

can you even imagine how many men on that ship are infected?

In the same news, it was stated that there were 155 sailors testing positive so far.