Respected Contributor

We need more humans like him! He went through the chain of command and still got shafted. The men sent him off with a bang. IMO, he's a hero! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I have more to say about the doctor's and nurses that are being fired but I do not want to get proofed. Everyone, stay safe and healthy.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

I loved when he was leaving the ship and his men cheered and applauded. 

It was incredibly touching and heartfelt.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you sir for having humanity to do the right thing. 😚

Honored Contributor

I hope the future holds great things for that courageous man.  

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Time for good guys to start winning again.   I think he will be ok, although it's horrible that he had to do what he had to do and then end up fired for it.   Those above him who refused to help are the ones who should be paying.

Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille 

Many years back, I had the good fortune to go aboard the USS TR.  To say it was an amazing experience is a terrible understatment.  Not sure if he was the Captain then, but any man or woman that would command such an extraordinary ship has my admiration.

We spent the afternoon out at sea watching the jet fighters take off and land on the flight deck.  At one point, I found myself so filled with emotions, I started crying.

He did what was best for his crew and they showed their appreciation for it.

No matter what, it was just wrong how it happened.

Valued Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

We need more humans like him! He went through the chain of command and still got shafted. The men sent him off with a bang. IMO, he's a hero! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I have more to say about the doctor's and nurses that are being fired but I do not want to get proofed. Everyone, stay safe and healthy.

There are so many things I want to say about this but I've decided to "bite my tongue".  He did what was right.  How many of military are getting sick and the stats are being hidden from the public?

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I loved when he was leaving the ship and his men cheered and applauded. 

It was incredibly touching and heartfelt.

Just saw the video. It certainly appears that his crew believes he did the right thing. The truth shall set you free.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

It's yet example of the unbreachable divide between those who sit at the top viewing safely from afar and those who are the grunts trying desperately to help us all survive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

According to the Navy, he did break the chain of command, by using an unsecured email server to send his email.  It kind of makes me wonder if he did this on purpose, in order to be really, truly HEARD.

I totally, 100%, absolutely agree with all the thoughts posted here, and elsewhere online.    He put his career on the line to protect his crew.   

I hope there is an investigation here, and, more than anything, I hope he doesn't lose any benefits/pension/whatever a career serviceman gets.   THAT would add insult to injury.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.