Honored Contributor

I just got a call canceling an appointment I had this morning. Am I upset, heck no. Am I the only one who is actually glad when plans are changed and I don't have to go out ?  A week won't make a difference, and I can read my book. 😺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

It's school break, the kids are at Mom's computer again.........

Honored Contributor

Re: 😃 Cancellation 😃

[ Edited ]

Thank you Mods!

Honored Contributor

I have an appointment tomorrow for a mammogram.  I'd be thrilled and delighted if they'd call and cancel it.  I'm wondering, given the omicron being so contagious, even its even wise to do this right now?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624, this is one appointment I would keep.  I would double mask and be sure to wash my hands after.  I also wear my glasses in case someone feels the need to cough or sneeze in my direction.  Just a personal note, I make my appt for my mammogram 1 year and a day after my last.  In 2001 my day fell on a Sunday so I scheduled the test for the Monday morning.  I received the call that I needed further testing and there it was, breast cancer.  So thankful that it was stage 1 but what if I would have waited?  Mine was a mass, not feeling it by myself or even my gyn.  Just my thought.

Valued Contributor

My husband had an emergency dental appointment last week.  They immediately realized that they would need more time and canceled and rescheduled the next patient.  The dentists were laughing and said they were sure the patient would be very happy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My husband's colonoscopy procedure for next week has been canceled.  It was to take place at the hospital, but has been rescheduled for March due to dangerously overcrowded conditions. 

Honored Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

@Kachina624, this is one appointment I would keep.  I would double mask and be sure to wash my hands after.  I also wear my glasses in case someone feels the need to cough or sneeze in my direction.  Just a personal note, I make my appt for my mammogram 1 year and a day after my last.  In 2001 my day fell on a Sunday so I scheduled the test for the Monday morning.  I received the call that I needed further testing and there it was, breast cancer.  So thankful that it was stage 1 but what if I would have waited?  Mine was a mass, not feeling it by myself or even my gyn.  Just my thought.

@cookie16    Yours is as good a recommendation for keeping the appointment as I've ever heard.  Thanks.  Hope you're okay now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a dr. appointment today, I am not sick...just needed a 'script' refill and they are 'making' me come to the office.   Due to the virus, I think this is unnecessary but at least they will get their payment from my insurance co. for an office visit.