Super Contributor

Re: Can't we do something about Flo ??

Never did like the Flo commercials, can`t beleive she`s still on.  I usually mute commercials anyway as they are too loud.

Respected Contributor

I think the Progressive ads Flo very well

Esteemed Contributor

I rather enjoy Flo.  Better than a lot of commercials. I like the AT&T girl too.

Frequent Contributor

I love Flo! I think she's done very well for herself. Good hearted, funny and entertaining commercials, not like some I've seen. I think they keep going with her character because everyone likes her. GO FLO!!
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Esteemed Contributor

OP, it isn't just you. I refuse to watch her.

Of course, I don't watch ANY commercials; I DVR everything and play it later.

But if I'm watching something in real time, I mute the TV when commercials come on.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the AFLAC duck! Especially in yoga class and when he was in physical therapy. I really like the ad where the kid says "look who's here" to his dad who then says "I see who it is" as he tries to ignore his mom. I liked ONLY the first five or six Flo ads - I mute or change channels now. The GEICO gecko is still pretty good except when he cops an attitude. I really intensely dislike the creepy husband downstairs in the dark talking icky on the phone.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think "Flo" suffers what most commercials which are successful suffer. And that is over-saturation.

Its a gimmick that is cute and was well done. But it is true: does she make a new commercial every single day of the year? Its just too much. But that's part of the success for the company. They don't care about restraint as long as their name becomes ubiquitous.

And I've seen the actress who plays "Flo" and she's actually a very funny comic-actress. I imagine that although she's making a boatload of money from the commercials, its also limited her in many other ways.

I mean, who is going to cast "Flo" in the sequel to "Ordinary People" one day? lol

Same afflicts the Sonic guys. Those two middle management Beavis and Butthead guys always acting like 13-year-old boys as they slurp milkshakes together at the drive-in. They seem to be on the same production schedule as "Flo". I wonder if they're the same ad agency or they just jumped on the "Flo" commercial model?

Oversaturation of near-twits seems to be highly effective in the commercial world.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I forgot about the Sonic guys. The driver is okay. I liked the time he hooted "she's so crazy" referring to the passenger guy's ex-girlfriend.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with the rest! I like herSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Don't like Flo? She don't care. 

Flo

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____