Respected Contributor

Re: Can't make a comment....

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

The thread was locked and remember, with the standards and the moderators, you are not allowed to dislike anyone or certain subjects. 

You can certainly dislike someone/something, and say so. You cannot state it, however, any way you please, using whatever rude and insulting language you choose.

You summed it up nicely, Moonchilde.  It's one thing not to care for a person, but some posters think that they can say terrible things about someone, use bad language, and be extremely rude in the way they communicate.  Then when their post is deleted, they act all innocent and ask, "Gee, I don't care for so-and-so, and I guess I'm not allowed to express my opinion."  LOL.  That always cracks me up.

Take a look at how you communicate and you can pretty much figure out if your post will be deleted or not ahead of time.  Acting like you have no idea is really DUH! :-)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I see discussion of angels is now verboten too...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I see discussion of angels is now verboten too...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

Not accurate.  Using a discussion about angels (or anything else) to be rude to others, to try and force one's opinion on others, and to "attack" (personally insult) the posters instead of "attacking" (addressing) the topic) is verboten.  The thread was open and active for more than 24 hours.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seldom submit a post like this, but I decided to make an exception.  This is not directed at any poster in particular, but I think this kind of negativity, "whinging," is a perplexing occurrence... it's almost an obsessive activity.  We sign up to use a free forum paid for and generously provided by someone else (this forum or any others out there), and in doing so we agree to their policies.  Then, we decide to use that forum to post endless sarcasm and taunts about the people who provide the platform to us.  I'm not talking about constructive criticism...  I'm addressing the almost-daily perverse threads/posts mocking and insulting this Community's managers and moderators -- it might be useful for us to take responsibility for our own actions here, instead.  Maybe it's just me, but it's wearisome and frankly it only makes the constant complainers look bad.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Right on, dooB, and well said.

It does get tedious and often seems so childish, some of the constant and repetitive complaints.   For a while there, I saw so many threads every single day that I was just embarrassed.   If I really disliked it here THAT much I would find it pretty simple to just not spend time here.