Honored Contributor

Can't Log In To Forums

[ Edited ]

From Google, but I can from Firefox.  Any reason why this happens?

Honored Contributor

I just logged in from my desk top and I had been in on my cell.

Sometimes different browsers work.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

You should give Duck Duck Go a try.  It's more private than Google & Safari.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - Can you tell us more about Duck Duck Go?

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

From Google, but I can from Firefox.  Any reason why this happens?

@rms1954   That happened to me once and I cleared the cookies and Cache and then I could get in. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@rms1954 

I think @rms1954 is talking about Internet Browsers (Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firebox, Google Chrome, Opera GX) not internet search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc...).

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Log In To Forums

[ Edited ]

there are so many issues with the QVC website it is stunning a corporation its size has not fixed them ages ago. I do not have this trouble signing onto any other website.  Just signing in to place an order is so annoying.  I have passwords stored and half of the time that feature doesn't work, and only on this website.

QVC must have a IT manager who has been there forever, that everybody is afraid of, and does what he/she pleases. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@rms1954 

I think @rms1954 is talking about Internet Browsers (Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firebox, Google Chrome, Opera GX) not internet search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc...).

@banned again 

Duck Duck Go IS an internet browser.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@SurferWife - Can you tell us more about Duck Duck Go?

@beach-mom 

At a high level, Duck Duck Go is an internet search engine that protects your privacy.  It blocks third party tracking services from tracking your preferences.  In addition, in the URL it will list a grade of the website you are visiting, too.

I no longer use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.  Just search for Duck Duck Go and play around with it.  If you like it set it as your default.

Trusted Contributor

Over the past few months I've been having the opposite problem -- the forums won't let me log out.

It will show that I've logged out, but the next time I come back, I'm still signed in.  

Oh well, just one of life's little glitches.