Honored Contributor

Can't Believe ......

[ Edited ]

how expensive Susan Graver's clothing has gotten.  Just got through checking out her "Items Recently Shown on Air".  Not seeing a reason for how expensive she has gotten.  What is the justification?  

Checked out Issac's too.....his are more reasonably priced...except for the cashmere sweaters...which we all know are expensive no matter who the designer is.  He did have some very pretty items today.  Just bought one of his sweaters (not cashmere).  Can hardly wait until I get it.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMeAfter buying several Michael Kors tops at Nordstrom and Macys a few years back and having to get rid of them because the poly pilled and the elastic gave up -  I appreciate even more the quality of Susan's garments.  I pay a bit more, but they do last and last.  I buy her basics, so they're worth what I pay for them in the long run. 

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe Susan Graver is one of my favorite brands and I find that I am waiting more and more for the clearance prices on her items.  I have even picked up some great deals when items were on lunchtime/primetime special.  I know the cost of items will increase but some of the initial prices are just too much.  

I only buy Issac's Pima Cotton and the prices have been pretty reasonable!

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Believe ......

[ Edited ]

I am not that fond of a lot of the q’s clothing, but I have a couple of chic and simple, long knit tops (Graver’s premier knit or something like that) that I adore and which were inexpensive at around $65 or $70.  I haven’t bought any of the latest Mizrahi cashmere tops because I don’t like the faddish styles, but two-ply cashmere for those prices is inexpensive. My aunt sent me a two-ply cashmere duster by Mizrahi, which I returned because I didn’t like the flared sleeves and high-low hem, but the quality was great and the price was only, I think, $250 or something like that. That’s a deal. 

Respected Contributor

i have found Susan Gravers pants to be fantastic ....

Respected Contributor

And I've recently found SG garments at $15 a piece in an outlet. Or even as low as $10. They obviously are remainders.

Honored Contributor

Looks like IMO that everything the Q sells now days is much higher in price. Many of the shoes and boots they sell are cheaper online if they have your size and color.I will not spend 60 bucks for a top from SG or anyone else on the Q. Even Denim&Co. is getting expensive for what it is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Believe ......

[ Edited ]

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@ShowMe Susan Graver is one of my favorite brands and I find that I am waiting more and more for the clearance prices on her items.  I have even picked up some great deals when items were on lunchtime/primetime special.  I know the cost of items will increase but some of the initial prices are just too much.  

I only buy Issac's Pima Cotton and the prices have been pretty reasonable!

@GAQShopr53.....it has been ages since I have purchased any of Susan's items.  Just about all I purchase from the Q is D&C.....because they are comfortable, do last for ever, and that is mostly how I dress now.....  Since I have had to start all over with getting any kind of wardrobe together, thought I would go with the sweater I ordeed today that was by Issac....it's the mock turtle neck with Bishop's sleeves.  Got it in the creamy blush.  Have gone from some 2X's down to some M's, but got this one in L because I just don't feel good in tight fitting clothes. , 

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Looks like IMO that everything the Q sells now days is much higher in price. Many of the shoes and boots they sell are cheaper online if they have your size and color.I will not spend 60 bucks for a top from SG or anyone else on the Q. Even Denim&Co. is getting expensive for what it is.

I agree @blackhole99. I saw a Denim & Co. flannel for about $45?? I think it’s more than just SG. 

At least Macy’s has discount codes and coupons. I have found a couple nice pieces recently at Target, which has some cute clothes. 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99When a $60 QVC top is better than an $80 top elsewhere -  I'm buying QVC.  I don't understand why I wouldn't do that just because it's from QVC?

Right now in my spring clothing wardrobe there hang 2 pairs of trousers -  one cost about $120 -  and I love them, but on the very next hanger is a pair of Graver tousers for which I paid just half as much -  if the labels were gone, and you didn't already know which was which, I doubt you could tell me which I overpaid for.

I pretty much ignore the Forum distaste for Susan; instead I think of Louis who reminds his buyers that today's polyester isn't at all like the poly of the past. That's why he uses it although nothing I ever read in the Forums made me realize he does.  Just haven't seen any of his poly I want to try.