Honored Contributor

Can someone pls. Explain the message tags?

When I click on there, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. What's the point of the tags and how do you use them?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Can someone pls. Explain the message tags?

I was wondering the same thing.  At first, I thought it was where you put your signature quote, but now I don't think so.  I have a lot to learn about this new board...

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

I think it's a tag (words) that someone would use to search for a specific post.  I have no idea how to use it though.  I've been wondering about this, too.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same thing.  I wish there was a thread for all questions, so we can get the information in one place. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's their "help" explanation and instructions for "Tagging."

http://community.qvc.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/tagging#tagging

Or, in the column on the left under "Quick LInks" click on "Help."  Then, look at the choices and click "Tagging."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I think it is supposed to be where you put in one or more key words that your post concerns, and perhaps there is some way to the search a topic by other posters.

For instance, if you tagged a post you write on Temp-tations products, you might use the Tag words "Temp-tations", or  "Tara" or " kitchen" or "cooking". Then, might there be some function where other posters can search thoes key words (any one of them) and find your post and others that concern that topic or that contain those key words?

Just a guess.

Trusted Contributor

They are sorta like Twitter hashtags #

Honored Contributor

Exactly, mominohio and Cranberries.

Tags are keywords.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just turned all that off in preferences.  I'm not interested, so I'm glad that they give the choice.  Also turned off 'sig lines'. 

There really are some good choices in prefs, so I'm glad I looked around this morning and changed a bunch of things.

Once I changed the format to 'Forum View Only', THAT was the  thing that turned the corner for me.  Before that, I was seeing just a jumble of messed up stuff.  Now I see the Forums listed along the left margin, no weird stuff I was seeing this morning, and when I enter a forum, the threads are easy to discern.

I wonder why they chose to delete a lot of new threads and left a lot of really old threads.   That seems quite odd to me.

Also, we're all newbies now!  I have a new date of 3/9/10 for my joining date.  I guess  it's like the thing they did in Oct of 2004.  I came here right after that, but noticed that almost everybody else had that as their start date.   They must pick these numbers out of their - well, you know.  Smiley Wink

ETA - Also, has anybody found the 'Ignore' feature yet?

Frequent Contributor

Sorry , I can't . I am a busy person . The community WAS for information,fun and relaxation now it is CONFUSING and WORK .  I really do not have the time or desire to try to waddle through the mess .  JMO    Have a funderful day.