Respected Contributor

Can someone explain this to me?

Why are people wearing a mask while driving their cars? I’m am honestly stumped by this. Do they wear them at home? If there is a logical explanation, please let me know. Another thing I see is hanging their masks from the rear view mirror??! I don’t get it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Can someone explain this to me?

Happens all the time around here.  Maybe people are afraid of forgetting them.  Also, we are in a big medical community, so people may be more aware of things floating in the air.

Honored Contributor

I see these images often when I am out, and think it is just how local residents are remembering the order to wear a mask out in public.
Honored Contributor

I have done this one time when I was only going down the road to another business.  It was a less than five minute drive.  I felt like people were probably wondering why I had it on.  I don't see other people doing it very often.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I think sometimes people are making several stops and rather than putting the mask off and on they just leave it on. I also think sometimes they just forget they still have it on. I also think that some people are of the mind set that if they go outside of their homes they need to have on a mask. Of course these are just a couple of thoughts I have when I see someone wearing one in a vehicle when they are by themselves. I personally take that mask off the minute I get outside of any place I have to wear one.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I just forget to take it off right away ....

Respected Contributor

I sometimes keep mine on as I drive between 3 different stores I frequent.  They are very close to each other but I have to drive to their parking lots to shop there.  I hate to keep touching my face once the dern mask is on, so I just leave it in place.

I just ran a quick errand and was able to use a drive up to do it so I did not wear a mask at all.  I never left the car and had no contact with anyone.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I'll walk outside after shopping and get to my car and think "Why is this thing still on?".

Trusted Contributor

I see it all the time, I also think people may be worried about what other people think when people see them.  I was out the other day and did curbside grocery pickup and Saw so many people walking and biking on our trails and was thrilled that with all those people i only saw 1 without a mask on and honestly he wasn't near anyone when I saw him.

Honored Contributor

Maybe so they don't forget to put it on or they forget to take it off. I know mine comes off the second I close the car door so I can breath and see better when I'm driving.