Honored Contributor

Re: Camp Lejeune Emails and Commercials

@software wrote:

The Veterans Administration (government) screwed up the claims for the toxic water so what did the government do?    The Senate established this class action.   How many lawyers are in the Senate?   They look after their own, not us.  No matter the question for them the answer is always call a lawyer.

Read quickly, this one will be poofed

@software  Just think of the huge financial potential of this suit.  In a 30 year period, there were thousands and thousands of people, both military and civilian, involved with activities on Camp Lejeune.  The victims will get a pittance compared to what the lawyers reap.

@software   

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They have to reach older soldiers from that camp however they can find them. They must have determined that the demographics of their target group match many of the demographics of people who post here. You guys must all watch the same tv channels and subscribe to the same email lists. You're probably all in the same facebook data groupings that have been bought and sold thousands of times as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

The PTB have known about the contaminated water for many years.  I guess if you were not personally affected by the ill effects you might be skeptical.  I also agree that multiple unwanted e-mails can be a royal pain.

BUT the chemicals that were leaked into that water supply have been proved to be lethal.  When my husband was at Camp LeJuene learning how to keep Phantom jets flying during the Vietnam War the government's focus was not on checking their water supply at the camp.  It was training personnel and keeping up with the demands of a war.  When the poisoned water situation came to light it was hushed up.  Some of the local people may have had an inkling about it; some may not.  I certainly wasn't "advertised" by the government.  I recall talking on the phone several years ago to a customer service person located in North Carolina near Camp LeJuene.  When I mentioned to him about the contaminants in the local water he told me that he was well aware of it.  We are going back 60 years here------a lot can be forgotten or wished away over the course of time.

So maybe not a huge fan of lawyers, but when you need one---you need one.  It's like a doctor.........if you have a serious medical problem that you can afford to address to save your life, are you going to demur because "doctors charge too much"?

Honored Contributor

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but regarding the emails people are getting - someone may already have made this point, but they're scams.

I only get them on one of my email addresses and they go directly into my spam folder.

Hover your mouse over the sender's address and you'll see it's just a jumble of letters and numbers.  A scam from people trying to get someone's personal information.  At least the ones I've received are.

Honored Contributor

I'm sick of these commercials too but especially the dynomite Medicare one. 

I can't grab the remote fast enough!!😳

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 I find hese commercials to be very upsetting.  My step father had lung cancer and ultimately died from pneumonia and parkinsons.  He was in the MARINE CORPS for 17 years and yes, he was also at Camp Lejeune but what good would money do to rectify the suffering he went through before passing?     SEMPER FI

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@rms1954 I find hese commercials to be very upsetting.  My step father had lung cancer and ultimately died from pneumonia and parkinsons.  He was in the MARINE CORPS for 17 years and yes, he was also at Camp Lejeune but what good would money do to rectify the suffering he went through before passing?     SEMPER FI

Exactly.  The only ones benefiting are the attorneys. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 

yes, just like the  cover up  the VA  did for yrs with all the military that were affected by Agent-Orange used in Vietnam who developed life threatening diseases

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

So sick of them.  Lawyers and attorneys are all over it.

@rms1954   As they should be. 

So sad too bad for you having to watch a commercial to help veterans and some children who were affected in utero.

Have some compassion.

@Cakers3 

But sadly its the lawyers that seem to gain and their clients not so much.....Im sure you've seen the commercials where they show the court settlement,  then the Lawyer's "expenses", then the Lawyer's "fees", and the clients share is QUITE LESS....Id wish they'd show the clients medical bills to see actually how much of the clients settlement actually paid off all their bills...Look at the breakdown of what the client vs lawyer got. You can watch these commercials on You Tube

Example 

The client got 13 mill

The attorney got 10 mill plus $496,000 for expenses. So the attorney got almost as much as the net to client!

Capture.PNG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten emails, thank goodness, but have seen about a zillion of the  commercials.  I hadn't heard about this place before that.

On my living room TV, I tend to keep the Antenna channel on one of the tuners much of the day and it seems like every single commercial segment has this ad and one or more of the medicare/ss ads.  I wonder if people believe that stuff and make that call, as to the medicare/ss ones.  I'm not a trusting soul so they just don't seem legit.