Esteemed Contributor

I vote for terms of endearment any day.  DH and I have many knick names for each other, and we have been married for 50 years.  I am not offended by hon, honey, or sweetie.  I am an elderly woman and hear those terms often, and I live in the north.  of course, more doors are held open now, etc., which is respectful to do anyway.  I think people do the best they can, and I cannot imagine getting upset about this issue.  My DH decided to pick names our GC would call us before they were born - I am Mimi and he is Opa (German for grandfather).  We thought they were fun names and less formal.  More people are doing this in our area.  

How about anybody else?  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I don't go around trying to find something to be offended by.

And I don't think the people such as myself bothered by being called "hun" do either.

LOL  pull the other one !

HUH?  Makes no sense.

(Yes, that's huh? and hot hun).

It means you are pulling my leg

Respected Contributor

In my position I daily come into contact with those from the middle east. That being said being called names that translate to my dear, my darling and other endearments. Because I have long standing relationships with these clients,  I would be offending them if I took offense. 

If this is the worst thing that happens to you in a day then count your blessings.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

YES sunshine!!! I too am from Baltimore and my mother was a beehive "hon" in the 60's and she called everyone hon - so of course, my sisters and I call everyone hon...hey hon, thanks hon, see ya later hon, can I get you anything hon...love it

@bmorechick

we baltimoreons have known for many years that HON is never a negative term.......Smiley HappyHeart......right hon?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/49/f1/05/49f10595117e5f4a7be5515db88f53ab.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nor do I.

If I receive good treatment or service and happen to get called hon or dear or sweetie, I take it as a form of friendliness and move on.

I would never, ever report an employee for something like this. I am sure the management person in question was simply pacifying an overly sensitive customer when they agreed with her.  

You're "sure"?  You weren't' there - you don't know that.

And....never say "never".  ROTFLMAO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm sure.

It's refreshing, at least,  to know that your on-line and real life personnas appear to be exactly the same.  No faking for you!  

I try to find some positive in all things.    Woman Wink

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nor do I.

If I receive good treatment or service and happen to get called hon or dear or sweetie, I take it as a form of friendliness and move on.

I would never, ever report an employee for something like this. I am sure the management person in question was simply pacifying an overly sensitive customer when they agreed with her.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm sure.

It's refreshing, at least,  to know that your on-line and real life personnas appear to be exactly the same.  No faking for you!  

ROTFLMAO! Someone needs a major reality check!   Thanks for all your amusing posts this morning.  Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

I was at Dairy Queen drive-thru to pick up a diet coke.  The girl at the window called me "Sweetheart" a couple of times:  once to tell me the price then once more to give me the change along with my drink..........I thought it was funny........

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Nor do I.

Yes, I'm sure.

ROTFLMAO! Someone needs a major reality check!   Thanks for all your amusing posts this morning.  Smiley Happy 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De nada.

Glad you got to LYAO this morning. It's good for the soul.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

Surely you can't be serious.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~