Honored Contributor

Calling @sharke question for you.

@SharkE    did your DH ever get his half of the last Stimulus payment?  You and I  had earlier been discussing this I believe... n My husband and I always do our taxes jointly...I received a Debit card in my name... for $600. DH should have also received his portion... but he never did.... last stimulus we received a check made out to both of us... They still say that they are looking into his portion  when I look on the IRS site.

We will have to apply for it when we do the taxes.... just seems SO LAME.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Calling @sharke question for you.

I have the exact same situation as well.  The first stimulus check came in one check based on our income tax filing, I assumed.

The second stimulus check, well, I received a $600 check (not a debit card) but my husband has received nothing.  Like you, he says he will resolve this at tax time.  

Why all the discrepancies, why isn't it consistant?  

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I have the exact same situation as well.  The first stimulus check came in one check based on our income tax filing, I assumed.

The second stimulus check, well, I received a $600 check (not a debit card) but my husband has received nothing.  Like you, he says he will resolve this at tax time.  

Why all the discrepancies, why isn't it consistant?  

@blueroses47  Good question 🤔

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Nope, I got mine by check think I reported. I feel bad for him, he's the one who made the money and they kicked him to the curb.

He 's having tax place to do the taxes and they have a way to VERIFY from some kind of gov. site for tax preparers to see if your telling the truth. The guy verified he was telling the truth, so, whatever we have to pay in , that missing 600 will be deducted from what he owes.

We're scared now, with this 1400 either neither will get it, or , I won't get it and he will, or, again he'll be left out.  One thing I know for sure is ours will come a month after my friends and family are prancing around saying what they're going to do with it.

The 'Get My Payment' website you won't be able to access for a week because the mass herd will make it crash. I get up at 1a.m. and try to get in sometimes I get lucky and they will say if it's been mailed or if both has been direct deposited. Which they should be .

If all goes well Tues. I believe lots of folks will get theirs by end of March.