Respected Contributor

I'm new to crafting (wreaths) and wondered if any of you have purchased Deco Mesh from Ebay.  Prices there seem very reasonable and many sellers offer free shipping -- unlike Amazon.  Can you suggest a seller (if that's allowed here) or any problems you have encountered.  Thoughts, please.  

Trusted Contributor

I make wreaths and honestly, you should really buy DecoMesh fm a reliable place like CraftOutlet, The Wreath Shop, etc. You could be buying cheap mesh fm Dollar Tree on ebay, you'll regret that, it frays terribly. As in most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon Thanks for the advise.  You do get what you pay for.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Hope you're checking all the You Tube videos on wreath making, awa other ones on crafts.  So many cool things!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker 

I've done decomesh wreaths and purchased from Walmart or other craft stores.

To be honest, it's just not all that expensive, so it pays to buy from a reliable source. 

You could always buy some from the ebay supplier and see how it works.

I've not done any in a while, because I wanted mostly outside wreaths and the mesh faded in direct sun.  But, I love the look!

Have fun!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I have watched You Tube videos and have learned some things.  There's one crafter from NC, I believe his name is Damon, this guy is unbelievably talented.  I could watch him for hours.

Honored Contributor

When I purchase art and craft supplies, I'm a touch and feel person. Sometimes quality overrides price especially if you plan to use something for several years and/or put so much time into making it. 

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@qualitygal I have watched You Tube videos and have learned some things.  There's one crafter from NC, I believe his name is Damon, this guy is unbelievably talented.  I could watch him for hours.

I think you may mean, Damon Oakes, near New Orleans. He owns DecoExchange and makes regular videos. Most of the wreaths and decor he designs are products from his store.

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon  Yes, that's the Damon I mentioned.  He is very talented, but wish he'd stop with the y'all every second word.  Hope y'all don't hate me for that remark.  

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@wishmoon  Yes, that's the Damon I mentioned.  He is very talented, but wish he'd stop with the y'all every second word.  Hope y'all don't hate me for that remark.  

I think his name is Damon Oates, and yes, he's very talented. I think he said he has 37 businesses, he's so intelligent. I know the "y'all" got to me too when I began watching his tutorials but now I don't even notice them. Many wreathers are fm the South, as is most companies selling wreathing materials.