Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calling All Cardinal Lovers!

I have many male cardinals in my yard but I never see the females. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing about this unique Cardinal! Being birders, DH and I love all species. For the past few years a mated Cardinal pair nested in our honeysuckle  Smiley Very Happy

Here's a pic of the female...

P6110002.jpg

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you for posting this. It's interesting.

It's gorgeous.  I love cardinals, they're at our feeders each day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_0475.JPGMy yard is always full of cardinals as well as other birds because I feed them year round.  They might recognize me because I can hear them chirping when I'm filling the feeders. 

BTW, if your feeders are being raided by squirrels try using safflower seeds instead of sunflower or a seed mixture.  Squirrels do not like safflower seeds, but the birds do.  I had a real problem with squirrels before I switched seeds.  They climbed all over the house, ruined screens and were a nuisance. They don't even come into the yard now! 

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic  I’m so jealous. I would love to see one cardinal in my lifetime.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Isn't that amazing!!!!!!  Nature in all of her wondrous glory!! I am in awe, I love cardinals.  

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@this is my nic  I’m so jealous. I would love to see one cardinal in my lifetime.

@Leggett28, OMG, what part of the country do you live in?  I live in Alabama, and we see cardinals here year round!  I love them, and have decorated my den/kitchen with Christmas cardinals!  Funny thing, when we lived in VA, I never saw any cardinals, and it is suppose to be their state bird!

Honored Contributor

Saw this on FB yesterday:

Image may contain: bird

Respected Contributor

Awww...how beautiful. I love cardinals! We have a granite bird bath for summer, and we always enjoy the show. I set an assortment of rocks around it, and they perch on those, too.

We get blue birds, jays, robins, finches, etc., but my favorite visitors are the cardinals, especially when they get their head feathers wet, and they look like they just got out of the shower lol!

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

i love cardinals and he is gorgous.