Trusted Contributor

Prayers to you all who are suffering with high winds and wildfires.  Stay safe.

AAJnZyc.jpg

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 Me too. I am a native of So. Cal. but moved to WA state 10 years ago for various reasons. My dear son and his family are in the South Bay of So. Cal. and in no danger of any fire due to their location. These fires just break my heart, for the people lost, the animals lost (that makes me cry), the property lost, the land that will never come back.

Bless those firefighters.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for the wind to stop so the firefighters can control the fires! Keep safe everyone in the fire area.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it's also in Sonoma, which is Northern Cal. There is so much flammable vegetation, and the Santa Ana winds just make it spread. Each state has some kind of disaster to contend with through each year it seems. 

Honored Contributor

Yes 🙏🙏🙏.  Clips were shown in the news yesterday.  I can't even imagine.  They showed an interview of a man telling how he was told to evacuate.  He had to leave right away.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@roxxy1 Me too. I am a native of So. Cal. but moved to WA state 10 years ago for various reasons. My dear son and his family are in the South Bay of So. Cal. and in no danger of any fire due to their location. These fires just break my heart, for the people lost, the animals lost (that makes me cry), the property lost, the land that will never come back.

That's where we live ,too, @Love my grandkids 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I lived in the San Fernando Valley for forty years and there were two things that were always a threat, fires and earthquakes.  While living in Chatsworth there was a fire in Simi Valley and the flames were visible at the top of the ridge,  which meant if it wasn't contained, my home was in danger.  We were evacuated and thank God and the wonderful fire fighters the fire was extinguished. 

Many years prior to that experience there were fires raging in the Valley and one area in Northridge hundreds of homes were destroyed.  My daughter was walking home from school while I was driving to pick her up and when I saw her, her face was black from the smoke all around us.  Sadly, fires are a part of life depending on where one lives in CA.  My prayers go out to everyone affected, I ask God to keep all of them safe.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I'm a CA native although I've lived in Las Vegas for almost 50 years.  I still have family there, including DD and SIL. It breaks my heart to see the losses.  It will never return to its former state in my lifetime.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 

@GCR18 wrote:

Yes 🙏🙏🙏.  Clips were shown in the news yesterday.  I can't even imagine.  They showed an interview of a man telling how he was told to evacuate.  He had to leave right away.

My son and family and dog had to evacuate from the town of windsor.  I,m 20 miles away, and hope to God it doesn,t reach Santa Rosa again.  The town has not recuperated yet from2017/18.   The winds are calm and no power shut off yet, but they expect it after8.   The worst is the firefighters can,t work at night we are told.  I,m praying for everyone.  The highway was bumped to bumper.  

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

You didn't hear about the fire in Santa Clarita?  We could see the dark smoke cloud.  It wouldn't travel down to the south bay, but it's still quite unnerving.