Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   "Sadly, fires are a part of life depending on where one lives in CA."

This is what I do not understand.  Why would someone live in those areas?  And rebuild in the same area?  Or if they do, have no fire insurance?

I had family living in Simi Valley.  After the first fire "threat" many years ago, they all packed up the kids & moved to Rialto. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Yes I DID. I've heard about all the fires. I live steam NBC Channel 4 news also. Okay? I also check the Daily Breeze for local news.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Yes I DID. I've heard about all the fires. I live steam NBC Channel 4 news also. Okay? I also check the Daily Breeze for local news.

@Love my grandkids 

Good grief, I wasn't scolding you.  Take it easy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   "Sadly, fires are a part of life depending on where one lives in CA."

This is what I do not understand.  Why would someone live in those areas?  And rebuild in the same area?  Or if they do, have no fire insurance?

I had family living in Simi Valley.  After the first fire "threat" many years ago, they all packed up the kids & moved to Rialto. 

Good questions.  Where I lived in the valley was not considered a fire area, however, there was one year when there were several fires raging in Northridge.  I knew the people who lived in Malibu who rebuilt twice after fires destroyed their property simply because they loved the area.  Does it make sense?  No, and certainly I wouldn't rebuild the first time but there is no accounting for other people's actions.  Many fires start due to the winds in September and October, one spark is all it takes.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam