Respected Contributor

Re: California governor won't free Manson follower Van Houten

She did the crime and I personally would like her to do the full time.
Esteemed Contributor

I believe she belongs in jail until the day she dies!! She showed no mercy to the people she callously murdered. She deserves no mercy,period.

Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for the families who lost loved ones to this woman and had to deal with the stress of not knowing if she would be released. I am happy to read that the Governor is refusing to free her. She is exactly where she should be ...behind bars.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I feel sorry for the families who lost loved ones to this woman and had to deal with the stress of not knowing if she would be released. I am happy to read that the Governor is refusing to free her. She is exactly where she should be ...behind bars.

@Trinity11   The families have to go every two years to the parole hearings to tell why the Manson members should not be released, what agony to have to relive it over and over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lived in So. California for my first 60 years and I vividly remember this bloodbath.

Many years ago I had bought a copy of Just Cross Stitch magazine and in the letters was one from this "person" requesting a particular chart. Her address was clearly a prison address.

I could not believe a letter from this person was published!

I actually called the magazine's office and spoke to someone in the managing editor's office and reminded them EXACTLY who the letter writer was.

The woman I spoke to was horrified.

She is a killer and I hope she suffers and rots in prison. She showed no mercy, why should any be shown to her?

Honored Contributor

First reasonable decision by the governor.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11   The families have to go every two years to the parole hearings to tell why the Manson members should not be released, what agony to have to relive it over and over.

@mousiegirl My heart goes out to them. I cannot even imagine how painful it must be to have to re-live hearing about their horrific crimes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I lived in So. California for my first 60 years and I vividly remember this bloodbath.

Many years ago I had bought a copy of Just Cross Stitch magazine and in the letters was one from this "person" rerquesting a particular chart. Her address was clearly a prison address.

I could not believe a letter from this person was published!

I actually called the magazine's office and spoke to someone in the managing editor's office and reminded them EXACTLY who the letter writer was.

The woman I spoke to was horrified.

She is a killer and I hope she suffers and rots in prison. She showed no mercy, why should any be shown to her?

I also lived in SoCal for well over 60 years and I also vividly remember the slaughter of all those innocent people.  It was one of those incidents where I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the news hit.  I personally hope she and the others involved rot in he!! and can't believe anyone would think she is not a threat and should be released.  Those were brutal, heinous crimes.

Honored Contributor

When you think about how Sharon Tate and her baby lost their lives and also Sharon's friends it was absolutely horrible.  Let her rot in jail because that is where she belongs.  That whole Manson crew should be in prison for life.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

She is not a threat. She should have been released on parole. 

We (the public) don't have all of the facts. There is no way we can know 100% she is not a threat. I'm sure the Governor's decision to deny parole is based on factual information.