Honored Contributor

How the Buffalo soldiers helped turned the tide in Italy, during WW2

[ Edited ]

I wish I could bring this over, It is just too long I fear, but ,it is well worth taking the time to read it

I don't think these men are often given the credit they deserve..Thank you guys  for your service 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

The numbers alone tell an impressive story. Of 12,846 Buffalo Soldiers who saw action, 2,848 were killed, captured or wounded. The Buffalo Soldiers did, in fact, break through the Gothic Line. They reached their objective, captured or helped to capture nearly 24,000 prisoners and received more than 12,000 decorations and citations for their gallantry in combat. The soldiers of the 92nd Division had proved their worth through months of bitter combat in the Italian campaign.

https://www.historynet.com/how-the-buffalo-soldiers-helped-turn-the-tide-in-italy-during-world-war-i...

Valued Contributor

Re: How the Buffalo soldiers helped turned the tide in Italy, during WW2

Thank you so much @cherry for highlighting this amazing chapter in American history. We are inundated with so much garbage every day and these inspiring stories that make up the fabric of our country go unnoticed. We owe these patriots better.

Respected Contributor

Re: How the Buffalo soldiers helped turned the tide in Italy, during WW2

Thanks for posting.