Frequent Contributor

I work in a male dominated job,and I over heard a guy I worked with a couple times say he has a son in Ca., and wants to get a D.N.A. test,and he tried several times to do it, but was denied by the court...Then he stated he went before a judge once and the judge told him "If the Mother Agrees" you can get the test,and she said No,and that was the end of it...No Test....I find his way of telling the story a little odd...If he were paying for the test why would it be denied? I'm thinking maybe his name is on the birth certificate,and now YEARS later(the boy is a teen),he might be thinking "what IF"....Anyone have any ideas why a D.N.A. test would be denied? He pays child support cause its taken right out of his pay,and hes always complaining about it. I think he may be embellishing the story a bit,but with all the nutty stuff you hear on T.V. everyday,who knows? I told him I thought if he was married at the time to the mother,that the court automatically put's paternity to the husband,but he said even if thats true,he should be able to pay for,and get a test.