Respected Contributor

CVS Shelves Low or Empty For First Time In Long Time..

CVS is usually where I buy household paper goods, cleaning products, some vitamins, batteries, some makeup.

I'm there often at least once a week or every two wks. Haven't really had any shortages most of 2021.

But today, I couldn't get toilet paper (they had a few of the cheap rolls left, not worth it; I'll find the brand I want somewhere, and I still have some in the meantime.) No kleenex, except a few boxes of the "soothing kind" (I don't like more chemicals/additives than I need in my kleenex, so I passed on those too.)

I've been wanting to get Zinc...they had BOGO...but only 1 bottle left, which I got.

And on other items, particularly in food and candy aisle, products I don't buy, but noticed rows, and whole sections of empty hooks that were full last time I was in.

It's just the first time in ages I wasn't able to get the staples I go in for. My local Fresh Market has had missing products each time I'm in there too. Many of my favorite products never came back since 2020.

Combination of reasons again, I suppose, but really don't know...still supply chain? No help? Not enough delivery drivers? Recent snow storm? etc etc. All of the above and more? 🤷‍♀️

Could be worse I suppose, just hope it doesn't get to be...worse.

Honored Contributor

Re: CVS Shelves Low or Empty For First Time In Long Time..

The last time I was in CVS--a couple of weeks ago--the shelves were quite empty.  Haven't seen the same situation at Walgreens or any other store I've been in recently.

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed over the last couple weeks that certain shelves at various stores are nearly empty or empty. And it's really random what you can't find. Today I went to the grocery store to get chicken to make chicken soup and there was hardly any chicken. At the beginning of the pandemic it was hard to find jam and jelly. A lot of times I can't find dog food. It's a ****** shoot of what you can and cannot find.

Honored Contributor

I've heard "experts" on the news say it's going to get worse and prices will continue to rise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today the frozen chicken products like wings, nuggets and patties were wiped out.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"still supply chain? No help? Not enough delivery drivers?" 

Just read an article about our trading with Canada.  Their vaccine mandate is about to go into effect for all truck drivers.  The Canadian Trucking Assn warns many truckers may quit when it does.  Canada is our largest trading partner.  70%!

Honored Contributor

I was at CVS today also.  Really low stock and many outages. 

I also went to Target for the first time since Christmas.  The aisle with Dixie cups, paper, plates, etc?  Almost totally empty. Lots of zero stock there also.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

CVS is usually where I buy household paper goods, cleaning products, some vitamins, batteries, some makeup.

I'm there often at least once a week or every two wks. Haven't really had any shortages most of 2021.

But today, I couldn't get toilet paper (they had a few of the cheap rolls left, not worth it; I'll find the brand I want somewhere, and I still have some in the meantime.) No kleenex, except a few boxes of the "soothing kind" (I don't like more chemicals/additives than I need in my kleenex, so I passed on those too.)

I've been wanting to get Zinc...they had BOGO...but only 1 bottle left, which I got.

And on other items, particularly in food and candy aisle, products I don't buy, but noticed rows, and whole sections of empty hooks that were full last time I was in.

It's just the first time in ages I wasn't able to get the staples I go in for. My local Fresh Market has had missing products each time I'm in there too. Many of my favorite products never came back since 2020.

Combination of reasons again, I suppose, but really don't know...still supply chain? No help? Not enough delivery drivers? Recent snow storm? etc etc. All of the above and more? 🤷‍♀️

Could be worse I suppose, just hope it doesn't get to be...worse.

I can't speak for other stores, but what you are not finding at CVS could be a direct result of them closing many of their stores in the U.S.  Who knows though @amyb 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

The CVS near me is very low on cold/flu medicines.  Shelves practically empty.  But thankfully the Walgreens down the road is nicely stocked.  At least for now.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 I find CVS quite pricey,more so than Walgreens.I usually buy all my paper products at Aldis