Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  Interesting!! Ty again for explaining that to me! I really appreciate it. I really hope that they are able to get some answers fast, as I know we could definitely use them! I'm sure there are people working around the clock to try and get this figured out for us. So thankful for people like you!! Heart

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

If the antibody test can prove that someone is immune and w/o virus then that person can go back to work and be at work safely!

Honored Contributor

My husband told me about this yesterday and when I asked if it was to see if you HAVE it or HAD it, he didn't know the answer to that.

Does anyone here know?

Honored Contributor

The prime minister of Australia hasn't been the brightest bulb about handling any of this.

This is the guy who 10 days ago allowed a cruise ship to dock and let every single person off the ship, without anyone being tested, even though there were reported illnesses on board.  These people then got on planes to fly home to wherever they came from.  Afterwards he admitted he probably shouldn't have let that happen.  Gee.  Ya think?  

Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

So, I wanted to ask those here that are way smarter than me if they had a theory as to why our testing here in the U.S. isn't too great. 

I just read an article re Australia and how by next week they will have at least 500K "15 minute" test kits! I thought that was amazing. It requires 2 droplets of blood to work. How they actually process it and all that I don't know, but I thought that sounded like a fast turn-around!

It just made me think why here in the U.S aren't we doing something like this? Or maybe we are, but I couldn't find anything regarding it other than in the article I read it said the company "MD Solutions" (who is supplying the kits) was involved with a U.S. company called Biotech if I remember correctly, but didn't say anything else.

Now that we lead the world in infections, and you hear all the experts saying you have to test, test, test to really make a difference in combating the virus...I wonder why this isn't like a top priority. 

And maybe it is, maybe I'm missing something. That is why I wanted to ask those here that I know are very involved in this and who know the facts. Thank you very much. 

Respected Contributor

Why? Because someone doesnt want the real numbers to come out showing how inept they are

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

It is sad and scary, isn't it?

We don't have a National Medical Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan.  Hard to believe that in in America.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I tend to think it is continuing human error.  It takes management skills and strategy to work out something as simple as who makes the kits and how many.  And where to send them.

Then there is a feeling of uncertainty. I heard that bureaucrats were afraid to order too much of anything.  And that will cost lives.

Respected Contributor

I remembered that 3 weeks ago @BrandiDavis put her finger on the key question==  why not enuf test kits.  Here we are 25,000+ deaths later and the issue keeps spinning around.

What a waste!

Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

So, I wanted to ask those here that are way smarter than me if they had a theory as to why our testing here in the U.S. isn't too great. 

I just read an article re Australia and how by next week they will have at least 500K "15 minute" test kits! I thought that was amazing. It requires 2 droplets of blood to work. How they actually process it and all that I don't know, but I thought that sounded like a fast turn-around!

It just made me think why here in the U.S aren't we doing something like this? Or maybe we are, but I couldn't find anything regarding it other than in the article I read it said the company "MD Solutions" (who is supplying the kits) was involved with a U.S. company called Biotech if I remember correctly, but didn't say anything else.

Now that we lead the world in infections, and you hear all the experts saying you have to test, test, test to really make a difference in combating the virus...I wonder why this isn't like a top priority. 

And maybe it is, maybe I'm missing something. That is why I wanted to ask those here that I know are very involved in this and who know the facts. Thank you very much. 

@BrandiDavis No way in the world am I assuming I am smarter than you.  I wish I had the answers to your questions.  All I can say, is if this were WW II we'd be in an entirely different situation.  Heaven help us and stay well.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~