Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My neighborhood just erupted at 11:45 and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on as I thought the game was long over.  There were more fireworks set off than the Fourth of July . . . Smiley Happy

Congratulations Cubbies on a job well done and sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Cleveland Indians for a great series and a touching and classy congratulations message:

Through everything, our guys never gave up.

But our storybook season falls just short.

Congrats to Chicago. #RallyTogether

Honored Contributor

Congrats to the Cubs but I cannot tell you how upsetting this was as a Tribe fan.  I nearly cried when they lost.  Honestly, I would rather they would never have even tied the game then to come back like they did, only to lose.  Smiley Sad

I know my mom is up in heaven celebrating. She was a huge Cubs fan and had a major crush on Harry Caray.  I only wish he was still around to witness this and I would have loved for him to be calling the game.  I think his head might have exploded when they won.  

OTOH, Joe Buck is so obnoxious, I could barely take the 7 games of him.         

Honored Contributor

At last

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Congrats to the Cubs but I cannot tell you how upsetting this was as a Tribe fan.  I nearly cried when they lost.  Honestly, I would rather they would never have even tied the game then to come back like they did, only to lose.  Smiley Sad

I know my mom is up in heaven celebrating. She was a huge Cubs fan and had a major crush on Harry Caray.  I only wish he was still around to witness this and I would have loved for him to be calling the game.  I think his head might have exploded when they won.  

As a diehard Cubs fan whose favorite team was the 1969 Cubbies and as someone whose diehard Cubs fan father (born in 1906) and diehard fan sister both passed away without seeing their team win the World Series, I can only say this:

Thank you.  Thank you, Cleveland Indians and Cleveland fans.  Playing against this team and winning this series was an honor and a privilege.  Why?  Because the Cubs had to earn this one. 

Cleveland, you rock.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

My only question is, what late night show that Will Ferrell will show up on doing his hilarious Harry Caray imitation . . . Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC74HiWcA44

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

My neighborhood just erupted at 11:45 and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on as I thought the game was long over.  There were more fireworks set off than the Fourth of July . . . Smiley Happy

Congratulations Cubbies on a job well done and sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Cleveland Indians for a great series and a touching and classy congratulations message:

@momtochloe, my neighborhood in Chicago was the same, what a night!

Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe, my neighborhood in Chicago was the same, what a night!

@spix I live in the western suburbs and I have never heard a commotion like last night!  My only concern is there is one family that is very fond of fireworks and they were going off for quite a while and all of a sudden I saw emergency vehicle lights in my window and they were in front of their house . . . I hope everybody is ok . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Even Sox fans (myself included) were pulling for the Cubs!   Now we have matching trophies!

Cubs fans celebrate World Series win

@SoX, Thank You, what a great way to put it, they're both "our" teams

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

As a diehard Cubs fan whose favorite team was the 1969 Cubbies and as someone whose diehard Cubs fan father (born in 1906) and diehard fan sister both passed away without seeing their team win the World Series, I can only say this:

Thank you.  Thank you, Cleveland Indians and Cleveland fans.  Playing against this team and winning this series was an honor and a privilege.  Why?  Because the Cubs had to earn this one. 

Cleveland, you rock.

@just bee this post literally made me cry . . . I too was a huge Cubs fan back in the day but especially that 1969 team . . . I know so many were not able to see their beloved team win but I am sure they are more than celebrating now!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Hetty wrote:

Tribe fan here, saying congratulations, Cubbies!  Although my heart is a little bit broken, I am happy for all of you long-suffering Cubs fans.  I get it.  I really do.  lol  Enjoy your victory.  It was well-deserved.   We just witnessed a classic World Series!

@Hetty, A big Thank You to you!