Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said:

Noel, I think this show sounds like something I would enjoy watching. I have always been a big fan of Patricia Arquette. I guess I will catch it On Demand. There is very little on television this afternoon and we are completely snowed in.

Hi SR Smile

I'm a fan of PA, also. I think they had her character be too stilted for last night's episode. I'm hoping they loosen her up a bit.

Thank goodness for On Demand, I hope you get a break from the snow soon!

Hi, Noel. Sometimes in the beginning I find I need a little time to get into the character and like yourself need to see a few episodes.

The snow is supposed to stop this afternoon but it is still coming down heavily. People have been plowing only to see their property covered with snow an hour later. {#emotions_dlg.sad} But this weekend is supposed to be gloriously warmer and next week is making me think Spring is just around the corner.Smile

Hope all is well with you...

SR,

Our reports say Spring is to be with us within days... 70 degrees+ in numerous areas. I hope the same is true for you Smile

I'm doing well and have been doing much needed Spring cleaning already. We did have two bouts of heavy rain and wind, so I've been working on cleaning the windows, along with cleaning inside. DH and I had a great road trip the other day, too pretty outside to miss.

I hope you are feeling well, also!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor
On 3/5/2015 Cakers1 said:

I take it some refuse to post on the thread I started yesterday? {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Cakers, I'd assumed we were friends in a way. Then you attacked me out of the blue about mindfulness, and again a short time later about another subject. I did not respond in kind.

When I put up this question last night, it was right after the first 20 minutes of the show and I didn't know you were also talking about it.

However, I'd rather not see any more personal attacks from you, aimed at me, so I won't be reading your posts any longer.

I'm sure none of that has anything to do with others here.

Noel: I'm sorry you feel that way. The mindfulness thread was not an attack at you - I personally know the founder I mentioned and thought I was just giving some facts about the issue. It's also a field I am trained in extremely well. If it was not in line with your post it doesn't mean I was attacking you. I think sometimes your sensitivity to other pov's is taken as an attack when it wasn't. If you are also referring to my comment about "history lessons" also was not about you.

I thought we had some issues in common; the enviroment and auto-immune illnesses.

I have also never forgotton your kindness to me regarding my DS's illness when others called me a liar. I have defended you much more than you will ever know elsewhere.

So I'm sorry we can't be fellow locavores anymore. Maybe I was just sensitive about the thread, I'm not saying you did this to be cruel.

I don't know what else to say.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 Marp2 said:

Noel, I think this show sounds like something I would enjoy watching. I have always been a big fan of Patricia Arquette. I guess I will catch it On Demand. There is very little on television this afternoon and we are completely snowed in.

Hi SR Smile

I'm a fan of PA, also. I think they had her character be too stilted for last night's episode. I'm hoping they loosen her up a bit.

That is the perfect word for how I felt. It was almost like she didn't want to seem either geeky or soft so she came off as well, stilted. I hope she finds a personality that works for the show as it has promise.

Interesting you saw it the same, I think we are correct! Smile

The "Bones" personality changed a couple of times, so I'm hoping they will find the right fit for this character, also.

Respected Contributor

Hi SR Smile

Hi, Noel. Sometimes in the beginning I find I need a little time to get into the character and like yourself need to see a few episodes.

The snow is supposed to stop this afternoon but it is still coming down heavily. People have been plowing only to see their property covered with snow an hour later. {#emotions_dlg.sad} But this weekend is supposed to be gloriously warmer and next week is making me think Spring is just around the corner.Smile

SR,

Our reports say Spring is to be with us within days... 70 degrees+ in numerous areas. I hope the same is true for you Smile

I'm doing well and have been doing much needed Spring cleaning already. We did have two bouts of heavy rain and wind, so I've been working on cleaning the windows, along with cleaning inside. DH and I had a great road trip the other day, too pretty outside to miss.

Ah, a road trip. I envy you being in California. My son just got back from San Francisco and said he loved it there. If he ever packed up and moved there, I really would like to follow him.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Feeling fairly well but still have my up's and down's. Trying like yourself to stay positive.Smile

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show but it did have typical characters-- the former hacker being one of the team to atone for his previous crimes, the "Social Network' maven who looks like a 'what not to wear' before photo and Patricia Arquette who I did enjoy in the role as the team coordinator.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Hi SR Smile

SR,

Ah, a road trip. I envy you being in California. My son just got back from San Francisco and said he loved it there. If he ever packed up and moved there, I really would like to follow him.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Feeling fairly well but still have my up's and down's. Trying like yourself to stay positive.Smile

That's it exactly! Smile Sometimes there's really just not another choice.

I'm glad your son had a wonderful trip, and I can totally understand considering following him here, should he decide to move. The only negative imo is the cost of housing. It's really out of control, no thanks to the recent influx of tech people. But if your son is a techie, it would be paradise for him, seriously.

Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 JustJazzmom said:

I enjoyed the show but it did have typical characters-- the former hacker being one of the team to atone for his previous crimes, the "Social Network' maven who looks like a 'what not to wear' before photo and Patricia Arquette who I did enjoy in the role as the team coordinator.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} She reminded me of the one on Criminal Minds, which I have not watched in quite awhile. It got too gruesome for me.