Valued Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Just got word a colleague passed this morning.  She was in her fifties and had bad asthma.  Had been on a ventilator for several weeks.  I live in a highly populated area and yes, I know dozens and dozens of people who tested positive and sadly, several who died including my SIL back in April.  My concern always is how those who haven't had much exposure or experience with the virus tend to downplay it.  I'm happy for those who live in areas where stats stay low, but that's not an indication that the stats that are reported are inflated.  Just do the smart thing and keep everyone - yourself and others - SAFE.

It seems that for some people it's not real unless it happens to them or someone they know.

It's called "magical thinking"

Go ahead and make us all out to be stupid for asking questions. Honestly I'd rather be someone who asks questions than someone who just does as their told with no investigation. And I did not read that we believe there is no COVID or no death from it. What I read was that people question the numbers and how much fear we should have. 

The questions always seem to cast doubt on how serious the pandemic is.  Every country in the world has been effected by the pandemic.  But some think there is a conspiracy to up the number of cases.  

Just questions. How you look at them is your issue. We are still allowed to ask questions in this country. If you want to believe things without questioning so be it. Don't dare say I have no right to ask the questions and then lie about my motives! 

Do you question whether some states are under reporting the number of covid cases and deaths? 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

We've been fed lies, half truths, politically and financially motivated, and incompetently compiled stats the entire time. Part of it is to be expected with something so new and broad, part of it is everyone has an agenda. 

I don't put much stock in anything that is or has been reported about this virus. While always questionable, we can no longer trust our government, or our media. We are kind of left out there to try and figure it out ourselves.

How do you know for certain you've been "fed lies, half truths, politically and financially motivated, and incompetently compiled stats the entire time." It's easy to say that, but if it were true, how on Earth would you know about it? Evil plotters don't let anyone in on their machinations, so they wouldn't write articles about it or let radio hosts in on their plans.

What is your concrete proof of so much corruption? If it's so pervasive everywhere, surely we can all see ample proof quite easily. Yet I never encounter it. When I go to the doctor they don't ask me to lie on my forms. They don't peddle these wild theories to me. They just give normal old fashioned health advice.

To me this all sounds like opinions from a very fringe opinion pundit. Or a segment from Alex Jones' conspiracy show. I don't see what actual concrete facts any of it is based on. Can you help by explaining where you got your information from?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

2 points to be made here about truthfullness & why would anyone allow this to seem bigger than it is.

Again, I am not arguing FOR or AGAINST anything except for the fact that as Americans we do indeed have the right to ask questions. And, we do indeed have to history that should encourage us to ask questions!

Point 1: From the 1940s to, at least, the 1960s our own government was doing chemical & biological testing on American citizens & military without our knowledge.

Point 2: So many billions of dollars to be made on vacines. 

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@Skezeldog wrote:

And i do not believe that we have had NO FLU this year, please, they have monkeyed with the numbers from day one.  

prove it

I know the Cleveland Clinic in my area isn't even testing for the flu.  If you have symptoms, they Covid test.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Someone was telling me that 5 of his firefighter friends and him went in to get a Covid test. They waited and waited until they couldn't wait. They had to go back to work so they never got the test. A few days later they got results that they were all positive. 

Oh yeah. This story keeps going around the internet as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

It is not against the forum rules to promote and spread the virus of health consipracy theories. That's why these things are never deleted. That aspect of this forum is a weak link that helps metastazize a cancer that is directly harming our country.

I don't understand why it isn't. I guess the Q doesn't see anything wrong with it 

@Greeneyedlady21 @Porcelain , I don't see why a conspiracy theory would be deleted.  I think it can lead to great discussions.

In some instances where Covid is considered, if everyone doesn't subscribe to one way of thinking, they are spouting off conspiracy theories.  

Honored Contributor
@Dusty1    From the BBC:

"What are they charging?

Some firms don't want to be seen to be profiting from the global crisis, especially after receiving so much outside funding. The large US drugmaker, Johnson & Johnson, and the UK's AstraZeneca, which is working with a University of Oxford-based biotech company, have pledged to sell the vaccine at a price that just covers their costs. AstraZeneca's currently looks set to be the cheapest at $4 (£3) per dose.

Moderna, a small biotechnology firm, which has been working on the technology behind its ground-breaking RNA vaccine for years, is pricing theirs much higher, at up to $37 per dose. Its aim is to make some profit for the firms' shareholders (although part of the higher price will also cover the costs of transporting those vaccines at very low temperatures)."Graphic showing price to be charged per dose

Compared to all patented medication prices, these are quite low.

Updated graphic showing vaccine funding

Though you are right that unethical things were done to people without their consent  60 years ago, all the test subjects for these Covid vaccines were documented volunteers. If it were otherwise, the only way we would find out would be from a whistleblower. And we haven't. If it were happening, we would not know about it. But that applies to all medicines and cancer treatments etc.

If you want to support lower cost vaccines, that graphic indicates that the J&J vaccine would be a great choice for you. All of the shots seem reasonable to me. I still prefer the Moderna even at $37.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

We've been fed lies, half truths, politically and financially motivated, and incompetently compiled stats the entire time. Part of it is to be expected with something so new and broad, part of it is everyone has an agenda. 

I don't put much stock in anything that is or has been reported about this virus. While always questionable, we can no longer trust our government, or our media. We are kind of left out there to try and figure it out ourselves.

How do you know for certain you've been "fed lies, half truths, politically and financially motivated, and incompetently compiled stats the entire time." It's easy to say that, but if it were true, how on Earth would you know about it? Evil plotters don't let anyone in on their machinations, so they wouldn't write articles about it or let radio hosts in on their plans.

What is your concrete proof of so much corruption? If it's so pervasive everywhere, surely we can all see ample proof quite easily. Yet I never encounter it. When I go to the doctor they don't ask me to lie on my forms. They don't peddle these wild theories to me. They just give normal old fashioned health advice.

To me this all sounds like opinions from a very fringe opinion pundit. Or a segment from Alex Jones' conspiracy show. I don't see what actual concrete facts any of it is based on. Can you help by explaining where you got your information from?

I'm not mominohio but I don't think you're ready to know how some people know.

Honored Contributor

Oy

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain  I stand corrected.

All governments only have their people's best interest at heart & the pharmaceutical companies are dispensing drugs with no thought to profit. 

And, Johnson & Johnson that had to quit selling talc based baby powder because it has been shown to cause cancer is a perfectly fine choice.

Silly me.