Esteemed Contributor

Re: COVID 19 Positive Changes

Agree with KaySD. Applaud poster's attempt to find positives about 2020. Our family had a few scares over covid19. Son was exposed at work twice and tested negative twice. Daughter's friends who work with public received calls from health departments to test. Some tested positive but thankfully, stayed out of hospitals and are now recovering from side effects. Hubs tested positive and stayed out of hospital - family tested negative. We have a greater appreciation for one another and life in general. Daughter expressed this weekend she is trusting 2020 will be a year 'justice for all' took a high road and reform helped dysfunctional organizations become more excellent. 

So many reasons not to like 2020. Also good reasons to be hopeful.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Re: COVID 19 Positive Changes

Even though there are horrific situations in this country due to the pandemic I always think it worthwhile to stop and take stock of things for which we should be grateful.  And those things will be different for different people.  She identifed no porch pirates in her area during the shutdown.  Her area had been hit really hard around Christmas, but with the shutdown and the vast majority of people being home....that put an abrupt stop to that even though more people were receiving more packages than usual.  

In my area, we were amazed to see more stars in the night sky.  So many businesses and stores in our area totally shut down with building turning off their signs, inside lights, and many adjusted lights in the parking lots to only include those closest to the building.  That resulted in a tremendous decrease in light pollution so that we saw more stars than usual.  Reminded me of when I was a kid. 

We have families that took walks during the day during the shutdown.  There are many with at least one being back to work now that are now taking walks during the evening.  Good to see them still taking family time to walk together during the evening. 

Food trucks now set up in our neighborhood on certain days and have a great response so that is nice to see them ammending their usual pre-pandemic practice to do some business.  

Life has changed for many, but it doesn't hurt to stop and think about what blessings we do have.   

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *