Honored Contributor

19 actually brought on positive changes.  Restaurants are cleaner than they have ever been before.  Retail stores keeping cashier areas very clean and the store on a whole.  All personnel in stores wear masks and some wear gloves.  This should have been happening all along but it took 19 to makes these changes. Our country has never been so clean!  I use hand sanitizer all the time when going out.  Cat HappyCat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: COVID 19 Positive Changes

All the same, I'd rather it had never happened.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 

So, restaurants and stores that half the population will never feel safe in again are clean? Not impressed.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We would all rather it hadn't happened, right? And we can all see the negatives. But still, I applaud the OP for looking for positives and making them part of the conversation, too. I am not blind to nor minimizing the horrifying difficulties we are in, but I also believe many unforeseen positive changes will arise from these times. We are more likely to see them if we look for them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 Not to mention air pollution, global warming and in many large cities, traffic problems.  But many of us can't visit our elderly relatives right now or those who are sick in the hospital, so there are definitely negative reprocussions as well.

Respected Contributor

I am definitely not a "negative nellie" but I see absolutely no positive changes in this situation.  I am sitting here trying to think of one, but nothing comes to mind.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really don't get this idea that we can remove our masks to eat and drink but have to wear them when we enter and leave.  People talk to one another, laugh, cough, sneeze, etc etc and all while the mask is down because it's happening between bites.....looks odd to even type and read this.  But, that is why I don't feel comfortable going inside one of those places.  Either we contain this by staying masked around others and social distancing or we don't.  Maybe someone at each restuarant needs to referee, "masks up," "ok, masks down to take another bite," "masks back up, hey I saw you cheat, I said masks back up."  

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Katcat1 Not to mention air pollution, global warming and in many large cities, traffic problems.  But many of us can't visit our elderly relatives right now or those who are sick in the hospital, so there are definitely negative reprocussions as well.

This is true.

So, I decided to make the best effort that I can to try and stay and touch with friends and relatives.

It's difficult for me because I don't feel well with many chronic health issues.

But I decided that I'm going to try and send cards and e-mails and letters when I can, to do my best and reach out in that way to let them know that I care about them. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

19 actually brought on positive changes.  Restaurants are cleaner than they have ever been before.  Retail stores keeping cashier areas very clean and the store on a whole.  All personnel in stores wear masks and some wear gloves.  This should have been happening all along but it took 19 to makes these changes. Our country has never been so clean!  I use hand sanitizer all the time when going out.  Cat HappyCat Tongue

Most restraunts and retail stores are barely breaking even, but at least when they close up they will be clean.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Most restraunts and retail stores are barely breaking even, but at least when they close up they will be clean.

@CrazyDaisy   I totally agree w/ @Katcat1  about the cleanliness factor. My food stores are now spotless and it's a pleasure to shop there. It is quite sad to see small businesses close, but I doubt being sanitized is the reason. Cleanliness may have kept them open a little longer.