Esteemed Contributor

CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTING

[ Edited ]

Why do some hosts constantly interrupt or talk over the guests????  Not only is it rude and disrespectful, it is so annoying.  When a designer is trying to describe the material, or how the garment is cut, most viewers would prefer to hear the information.  And, I would like to see the clothing on models of different sizes.  I don't care how good the host says she looks and feels.  I don't care that she has every color or her family members do.  Last night after 5 minutes or less, I had to change the channel!!!  I wanted to see Louis and his clothing, but, the interruptions were ridiculous and unnecessary.  He is such a gentleman.

Just my opinion!!!!  

Respected Contributor

I agree with you.  I tried to watch Louis last night and got very annoyed with all the interuptions.  Also the overly bouncy attitude she was having.  That top looked too awkward on her also.  Too much material for her.  Louis was also interrupting a lot and I wasn't sure if he did that because she was over-talking or just trying to explain his clothing.  It drove me crazy so I turned it off.

Esteemed Contributor

Louis always interrupts - one reason I don't watch (him).

Respected Contributor

Re: CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTING

[ Edited ]

Agree but let us not forget that JT is like this and it may work with some guests but not someone like Louis Dell'Olio who wants to showcase his own designs! 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

Who was hosting with Louis?

Thanks in advance.

@grandma r 

If you're going to start a thread like this, don't be coy. Name the names please, so we can follow along. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Louis is very much a polite gentleman...but he doesn’t deserve to have to talk over a host to talk about his own items. Some hosts are worse about this than others...and we all know who they are.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@luvmybeetle 

Who was hosting with Louis?

Thanks in advance.

@grandma r 

If you're going to start a thread like this, don't be coy. Name the names please, so we can follow along. 

@x Hedge  Jane Treacy...  I tuned in a few minutes and promptly turned it off for she was "really" being chatty!  Noticed the overly long top and she lightened her hair which looked better than usual!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @ScarletDove .

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Why do some hosts constantly interrupt or talk over the guests????  Not only is it rude and disrespectful, it is so annoying.  When a designer is trying to describe the material, or how the garment is cut, most viewers would prefer to hear the information.  And, I would like to see the clothing on models of different sizes.  I don't care how good the host says she looks and feels.  I don't care that she has every color or her family members do.  Last night after 5 minutes or less, I had to change the channel!!!  I wanted to see Louis and his clothing, but, the interruptions were ridiculous and unnecessary.  He is such a gentleman.

Just my opinion!!!! 

The people who raised them must have forgot to tell them interrupting someone is rude.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the whole presentation with Louis and Jane.  I did not think she interrupted Louis.  I thought they worked very well together like a well oiled team.

I also thought Jane talked up that awful flowing long top that came in a petite size.  It was too overwhelming and not made for a petite body. It sold out, so I guess she did a good job with it. It looked horrible on her.

Most of what Louis presented was old stock with a few new colors.  I heard his speal on those items many times. It's all polyester and rayon....no new fabrics.

I noticed that Louis works well with some hosts and there are others that he does not like.  He was very rude to Mary when she hosted with him.  I haven't seen  her with him since.  She was pretty brave to put up with him...I though she was going to burst into tears.

Louis is very temperamental.  He can be kind and sweet, but also quite the male diva on occasion. Sometimes he is full of himself.  I thought he was a perfect gentleman with Jane last evening.

Also, the hosts must interrupt on occasion because they are getting information from the producer in their earpiece.  They have to do and say as they are told.  I am sure the vendors and designers know that.