Super Contributor

Re: COLLEGE SCANDAL DEVELOPMENTS

[ Edited ]

Fine line I agree but if coupled with a couple of years of SERIOUS and closely monitored community service I think it sends a strong message. Any infraction leads to jail. The monies of course would go to good use and perhaps help a kid who would otherwise not be able to attend.  When I say ENORMOUS... I mean ENORMOUS..... So even if you are very well heeled... the figure should be large enough to really "hurt".  I am not by any means justifying their deplorable behavior but rather in this case feel the punishment could send a strong message while helping oithers.  I will also add that in my 30+ years of advising I have seen parents with modest incomes attempt to use dollars to influence.  My feeling is that it is sad and sickening that some parents place institutions in higher esteem than their children.  A plague on all their houses!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The seriousness of her situation may have finally caught up with Lori based upon her appearance in court yesterday.  No smiles, waving or signing autographs and somber attire.  

Lori-Loughlin-Court-Cardi.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  Yep, I noticed that as well. Sadly, their egos, stupidity and sense of privilege is still going to kick them in the butt as they believe they know MORE than their attorneys and the judge when it comes to getting separate council.